RankStranger

Great Buys On Ebay & Gumtree - continued ...

Guest Karl Rand
On 06/08/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mat-with-one-t said:

$425.  Now everyone else stop bidding please

I dont’ understand these kinds of theads as they invariably push the final price up. 

2 hours ago, Karl Rand said:

I dont’ understand these kinds of theads as they invariably push the final price up. 

If you think no one has seen the ads before they hit SNA then you are mistaken. The price will be what it will be 

Guest Karl Rand
38 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

If you think no one has seen the ads before they hit SNA then you are mistaken. The price will be what it will be 

I’m not that naive but I still suggest drawing attention to bargains on a site such as this is going to attract the attention of more cashed up audiophiles than hunt through ebay etc . I’ll just have to accept it as a selfless public service as there’s nothing I can do about it.

Reminds me of a thread that appeard some years ago on another audio forum which drew attention to insanely inflated prices paid by bidders on eBay for audio gear. At times I wonder if winning the auction is more fun for some buyers than owning the actual gear itself. 

Facebook Marketplace in Hastings VIC

Very mint pair of NS-1000m with matching early serial numbers and covers.

$1900 ono. Bargain!! 

9E43A480-B527-465D-B59E-16B033B8F582.png

2 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

Facebook Marketplace in Hastings VIC

Very mint pair of NS-1000m with matching early serial numbers and covers.

$1900 ono. Bargain!! 

Even better when it's listed as Free :afro:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lemarquis said:

Even better when it's listed as Free :afro:

This one’s not going cheap! 

9F5C2106-91D2-4EDC-A170-3233D24C5C0D.jpeg

Edited by jakeyb77

dual 1015 idler that supposedly is on good condition on Facebook marketplace. $200

FDF89088-D79D-4EC9-A399-C77A9F446E04.png

5 hours ago, lemarquis said:

Latest bid AU $1,625.00 

1 day to go...  :popcorn:

Cancelled 

5 minutes ago, yiannisada said:

Cancelled 

Something’s smells about that.

18 minutes ago, Demondes said:

Something’s smells about that.

Definitely, I got an email from EBay about the cancellation, and although it says that you can check the reason for it in the bidding section  I can't find anything 

8 hours ago, yiannisada said:

Definitely, I got an email from EBay about the cancellation, and although it says that you can check the reason for it in the bidding section  I can't find anything 

Hard to say but maybe he realised he wasn't getting the price he was after, OR someone made him a "private" offer ;)

10 hours ago, yiannisada said:

Maybe he made a mistake listing the item on eBay?

Mistake_my_arse.jpg

You can withdraw an ad for any reason. If the item sold elsewhere. If you realised the item is now faulty. Or, if you didn’t like the price it looked like achieving. 

Over ten years on eBay I’ve found that a no reserve start and letting it play out will more often than not get you the market value or higher. All you need is two active bidders. If someone has bid from 99c it’s hard for them to mentally let the item go. 

10 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

You can withdraw an ad for any reason. If the item sold elsewhere. If you realised the item is now faulty. Or, if you didn’t like the price it looked like achieving. 

Over ten years on eBay I’ve found that a no reserve start and letting it play out will more often than not get you the market value or higher. All you need is two active bidders. If someone has bid from 99c it’s hard for them to mentally let the item go. 

It’s funny that one.  I’ve listed items for a starting bid or buy-it-now and it hasn’t sold.  I subsequently list it a month later starting at a 99c auction, and it ends up selling for more than my previous buy-it-now.  

$1500!!

madness for a mint pair like this 

CF98E442-6008-4C68-AF3E-5BB4F95EDA97.png