Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

12 minutes ago, Demondes said:

Not a great deal, even if you knew the extent of damage.  If you search the forums for primaluna. A premium prologue (better than the classic) was listed for $1250 and it was in good shape.

ebay tell the guy “he’s dreaming”

The Prologue Premium you're referring to was a screaming bargain IMO, not really a good indication of their 2nd hand market price. 

Edited by Willmax

Denon TU-1500 AM/FM Tuner.

This tuner gets recommended a lot on this forum and this one looks to be in pristine condition.

Was going to buy it, but then realised it lacks a Hi-Blend switch.  Not an issue for the vast majority of folk, but I'm in a fringe reception area and it's a feature I use on some of the low-powered public stations I listen to.

It's located in ACT, but seller is willing to post.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/griffith/radios-receivers/tuner-denon-tu-1500/1209007761

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemarquis said:

Going for $1,600

Hmmm, I may have linked to the wrong amp. 

Still, not a bad deal for a piece of Sansui history.  (IMO obviously)

Edited by Cafad
  • Like 2

And quite a bit cheaper than the model after. http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=383844243  

i-img1200x900-1556680577ndg699447934.jpg&key=5dfda5be6ca66077b47f91b613a7b49fbdb5b096ab83a57455fd566de230d37d

Buy it now for just over $7K aud.

Not exactly a bargain but so rare it still rates a mention.

Is it three times better than a Limited, NRA or MR in the SQ's, probably not Jeff but the extra built quality is amazing. You could buy all three amps mentioned above for that price [emoji848]  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sansui77 said:

Is it three times better than a Limited, NRA or MR in the SQ's, probably not Jeff but the extra built quality is amazing. You could buy all three amps mentioned above for that price emoji848.png  

All true.  But they seem to be even rarer than the Limited.  Only 2 or 3 crop up each year, maybe 4 (if you're lucky).

Let's not forget the postage too, since they are also significantly heavier than the integrated amps.

Still, I found myself moved to get one, and you know my stance on amplifiers!  

The only way to get more Sansui watts than a 907 is with one of these puppies.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, misternavi said:

Buy now price is $3,500. A bit hard to gauge as these date back to 1999 and Greg has changed the driver configuration several times since. Are they the Reference model? Original price would depend on a few factors. Still, a fantastic speaker. 

Guest jakeyb77
7 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

Buy now price is $3,500. A bit hard to gauge as these date back to 1999 and Greg has changed the driver configuration several times since. Are they the Reference model? Original price would depend on a few factors. Still, a fantastic speaker. 

I just paid about that for a ten year old pair but with bass bins. 

It’s a LOT of speaker. 

Mine have the newer bass drivers but still the Focal 120 tweeter. 

14 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

I just paid about that for a ten year old pair but with bass bins. 

It’s a LOT of speaker. 

Mine have the newer bass drivers but still the Focal 120 tweeter. 

Nice B) The ones on ebay look to be an early iteration of the Epitome Towers which included the extra bass driver to obtain the same effect as the bass bins, but all in the one cabinet. The focal tweeter would be a plus. 

Seems to be a colony of Osborns up in the Dandenongs xD

Edited by lemarquis
  • Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
2 minutes ago, lemarquis said:

Nice B) The ones on ebay look to be an early iteration of the Epitome Towers which included the extra bass driver to obtain the same effect as the bass bins, but all in the one cabinet. The focal tweeter would be a plus. 

Seems to be a colony of Osborns up in the Dandenongs xD

No, the towers have the extra driver on the top. So like that speaker with the bass bin incorporated into a tower. 

The ones you posted are just the Epitome. 

The extra bass bins look like this. 

EE9B375A-97FC-4F7F-82A0-C88ED7EF2D58.jpeg

8 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

No, the towers have the extra driver on the top. So like that speaker with the bass bin incorporated into a tower. 

Hard to tell from the pics on ebay but the 2 mid - bass drivers look about the same size compared to the Osborn website. Might be a trick of the light or different surrounds on the smaller driver. As Greg has changed the drivers a few times it's hard to say. In any case superb units, but I think you did well to get those bass units!

6 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

EE9B375A-97FC-4F7F-82A0-C88ED7EF2D58.jpeg

Ha I’d been eyeballing those as I’ve been after the bins!  There is quite a bit of variation, but the older ones with the focal tweeters are highly regarded. Mine are sunbleached beauties!  Here’s a nude shot....

A6AC1556-9959-4FB9-9321-01ACF1B4BC0F.jpeg

• Like 2