Hi,

finally received my Gryphon Diablo 300 after almost a month delay from the promised date by my local dealer.

Question is regarding setting my chord qutest’s output volt. Under the gryphon’s spec sheet of the diablo 300 it says the input sensitivity is 0,617V abit lower from qutest’s lowest output volt which is 1 V. So what is your recommendation/solution for this? Should I just leave the qutest at 1V? Will there is any cutoff/distortion? Anyone w this experience? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

If you have enough volume for the loudest your going to listen too, then there is absolutely no problem. And don't listen to ANYONE talking about "extra headroom", even if the Diablo's volume is almost full up.

If anything it's an advantage this way because your noise floor will be the lowest, as your not raising the Qutest signal/noise then shunting back to ground again by turning the Diablo's volume down more, your using almost all of the Qutest's output, instead of throwing it away to ground. 

Cheers George

970x510_diablo300_front1.jpg

DIABLO_300_AABEN.jpg

DIABLO_300_BAGFRA.jpg

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, georgehifi said:

If you have enough volume for the loudest your going to listen too, then there is absolutely no problem. And don't listen to ANYONE talking about "extra headroom", even if the Diablo's volume is almost full up.

If anything it's an advantage this way because your noise floor will be the lowest, as your not raising the Qutest signal/noise then shunting back to ground again by turning the Diablo's volume down more, your using almost all of the Qutest's output, instead of throwing it away to ground. 

Cheers George

Well noted, will have a try later. Thank you George!

26 minutes ago, sdepass said:

I want this amp! Did either of you get the Dac or Phono module?

Get it! It is amazing how it transforms my whole system into a new diff level. And no didnt get the optional dac nor phono. Chose to go with an external dac, chord qutest for future upgradability and it sounds amazing.

53 minutes ago, sdepass said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I have heard one and loved it. I heard it with the DAC module and loved it. Through some TAD speakers. I have a PS Audio DAC. If you don't mind what did you pay for as I believe they are $23500?

Correct. The diablo 300 is amazing powering up the qutest and my b&w n803 , its been running for around 22 hrs non stop now... since its delivery yesterday.

• Like 1

Much appreciated @sdepass! Still need to break in a couple of things, the diablo300, receptacle and speaker cables. It sounds a bit weird when the amp was first installed. After the 20ish hr mark it sounds better. Get yours soon! The only thing holding the amp back I think are the n803. Should get a new pair sometimes next year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sdepass said:

Some Rockport would be the business!!!

Interesting! Actually I am waiting for the upcoming Vermouth Audio’s latest floorstanding speakers which is under R&D process now. Had a chance to check it out when I visited their workshop last week in Bali. It’s a limited edition of 10 Using adjustable (front to back) ribbon tweeters and their custom spec’d driver from SB acoustics. Reserved no.10 for myself next year when it is released ??

Edited by kerisabe

12 hours ago, sdepass said:

not heard of them...

You should check them out, or even listen to their system and cables when you get a chance. Hope to be able to test the prototype of their latest floorstanding speakers paired w the diablo 300 in the next couple of months. Will post updates

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

for those who are planning to use chord qutest dac with gryphon diablo 300, the output voltage setting of the qutest should be set at 3 V, ive done some listening tests between the different output voltages in my system and it sounds best with qutest/diablo300/nautilus 803 combination. 

Edited by kerisabe
information correction
  • Like 1