Marantz sr7008 upgrade to av8801 or ?

Iv had a Marantz sr7008 since new for a few years now running the centre and rear channels and the mains are run off the pre outs to a perreaux pmf 1850 power amp.

I just picked up two nad 218 thx amps and am thinking about selling the sr7008 and getting a av8801 pre amp processor to run with the power amps I have , I could use one nad 218 for the centre channel another for the mains and the perreaux for the rear as I just want to run 5.1.

I have Miller and kreisel 750 left,centre and right , bowers 602 S3 rears and a chtq15 velodyne subwoofer.

There's nothing wrong with the sr7008 but has anyone else made the jump from a receiver using its pre outs to a dedicated pre amp and noticed any difference?

6 hours ago, steve_ said:

There's nothing wrong with the sr7008 but has anyone else made the jump from a receiver using its pre outs to a dedicated pre amp and noticed any difference?

:welcome: to the forum.

Most pre pros (pre amp usually refer to stereo) are aimed at the higher end and built better with quieter and better components. 

If you are happy with the SR7008, why change?

Both the 8001 and 7008 are the same vintage ; both with audyssey xt32 . A bit of a side ways move ; the newer Marantz's  would be  worth it Steve :)