Focal headphones sale 50%

I am really tempted, have been think about trying Focal Elear for a while but no way to audition first from Canberra. This pricing makes the Clear an option even.

Currently have Audeze LCD2 and curious for a change.

I pulled the trigger on the Focal Clear yesterday. I only had a quick audition on Sunday. I'll pick them up at the end of the week. I can't wait to get to listen to them at home. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alex32 said:

I finally pulled the trigger on the Focal Utopias after auditioning half a dozen times over the last two years.

Unlikely to be disappointed. Each of the headphones on offer are very attractively priced.

• Like 1

Picked both Elegia (Closed back) & Clear (Open Back)

Very Very solid headphones --- extremely refined, beautifully made, sonically (if its is a word) superior, very musical

Elegia

Extremely clear, mid forward, beautiful sounding cans.

HUUUGGEEE Soundstage for a closed back --- phenomenal ...

Some will say, lacks the bass, to me that's not the case. I guess slightly more bass would have sufficed most of the audiophiles, instead of polarising the community.

Clear
Everything that Elegia is + 30%-40% better as it's open back, and has even better clarity and slightly warm compared to Elegia.
Had also purchased a DT1990 2 weeks back. The worst part is , compared to Focal Clear, I am not using DT1990. Was so excited

for DT1990, just to find myself wasted $700ish. (contemplating a sale, maybe).

It seems Elegia & Clear just made the below headphones redundant in my collection:

Fidelio X2 HR

AKG K712 Pro

ATH R70x

Shure SRH 1540

DT1990 (may be , may be not, still unsure)

Feel free to ask questions, regarding Elegia & Clear Headphones, happy to be of assistance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just bit the bullet and ordered the Elear. Properly regret it later if the Clear does come back to $1200 price. At the same time $700 is a quite a big jump.

Hopefully I will be with the Elear, can't wait!