Please help with Pioneer PDP-LX508A

Hi all,

My dad gave me the above TV that was working at the time but I can't get it to go. When I plug a power cord into it nothing happens. I have tried a few cords and only once did it come to life and then only for a few seconds. I have checked the terminals that come out of the TV and they are all firm. The earth terminal protrudes a bit further than both the active and neutral which are both the same length. Could it be that the plug is not making a good enough contact with the terminals to provide power to the unit? 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm completely out of my depth here.

Thank you.

Garry.

Guest thathifiguy

Just to clarify, the main power button is switched on? This is one of those rare TV's that has a main power button (in addition to standby). They were usually located under the bottom of the panel.

Guest thathifiguy
1 hour ago, Garry the IT novice said:

Thanks to both Simon and Tarkan. The problem was the power button that has no identification. You have saved me a ton of money and I am very grateful.

Best regards Garry

Good stuff, happy to help Garry.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol this made me laugh. I gave my parents the exact same TV and they couldn't turn it on either. That power button is located in the worst place. There is another one on the side, however the one underneath is a kills witch and kills all power