SOLD: FS: ModWright LS100 preamp (Black)

SOLD

Item: ModWright LS100 preamp (Black)
Price: 1800 + Shipping
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Generate fund for another project.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I bought this fantastic preamp from another local StereoNet member for a couple of years. It has original packaging and all the the rest of it, such as remote control, manual, etc .. I've been using this preamp for my ModWright KWI200 integrated amp and even Dan Wright admit the LS100 make better sound for the KWI200. Unfortunately, I have to let it go as I need fund for another project.

Pictures:

ModWrightPre.jpg

That's cheap, I scored the last to come up for sale on SNA.   I love mine that much I bought the optional phono section from Modwright in the US.   Wasn't cheap and I forgot about import duty and GST on the phono but worth it.   Service from Dan at Modwright was exceptional.

I see this one's volume goes up to 11.  I'll have to check mine out, that is definitely loud.

Edit: might be an idea to include info on what tubes are in the pre. Modwright recommends the originals are replaced with better tubes so some owners do just that.

Edited by gat474

I have listened to the LS100 many times @Porkbuns69   I believe he had VT99 tubes and an EML meshplate rectifier running on his.  This unit scales up with different tubes in play.  If you have the stock sovteks or tungsols in there, swap them with NOS or better tubes.  You will be rewarded, and at this price..its a bargain.

Thanks guys for your honest comments. I will definitely regret this sale, but the fact is I already have an integrated amp KWI200 and also need fund.

This pre is currently on hold (sold) pending payment.

Cheers.