Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Black Hawk Down on 4K UHD blu-ray

Black Hawk Down ! 

" All units, Irene ! . I say again, Irene ! " 

:D

who doesnt remember this one when first came out what more than 10 years ago on blu-ray ? for some of us it was a stand out release in early days of blu-ray and my goodness what a feast it was in audio and video ! 

well great news ! I watched it on its re release on UHD and this thing kicks !!!!

81tUBPrvwzL._SL1295_.jpg

right from get go ... PQ is pure grit... so no dont expect a pristine digital picture here ... this is very much film and grain... but it just works for this movie and work done on it is a good step in detail and punch to the picture over the old blu-ray

audio is a stand out ! from the enveloping atmospherics to when on the streets with stuff flying around to depths of bass. Literally carried through the film caught up in whats going on on-screen with audio keeping you in midst of things. 

Its truly amazing movies like this can be bought in the format it is for the lowly under $30 we pay these days ...

Great experience ... while am sure special in some ways because of my first experiences of it with the blu-ray format all those years ago, but boy its great to enjoy it today as it is now in its latest incarnation  :)

Most awsesome soundtracktoo 

On 21/05/2019 at 11:56 PM, cafe67 said:

Most awsesome soundtracktoo 

indeed ! a stand out :) 

We are so lucky to be living in a time when we can see and hear all these fantastic movies, even older ones, at home, BETTER than we could have ever seen them at the cinema. I'm so grateful for what is available now, hardware, and physical media.

Streaming isn't in the same ballpark, BUT it is definitely better than ye olde broadcast TV and the abomination that was and is cabletv

5 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

We are so lucky to be living in a time when we can see and hear all these fantastic movies, even older ones, at home, BETTER than we could have ever seen them at the cinema. I'm so grateful for what is available now, hardware, and physical media.

Streaming isn't in the same ballpark, BUT it is definitely better than ye olde broadcast TV and the abomination that was and is cabletv

So with you on this.

WE are SO lucky ! :)

I've never seen this movie, looks like a good one to own on 4k.

^^ as film it sets a frantic pace with cinematography to match. not that I've been in a firefight but it comes across raw and we're spared the typical over done Hollywood approach to action, this not to suggest its anything but immersive 

as a story its scary to think its mostly based on true evens

i was at a lecture by one of the Pakistani troop commanders involved in the rescue operation, this was before the movie release. the 1999 book by Bowden makes for good multifaceted account if you're into that 

On 24/05/2019 at 7:13 PM, betty boop said:

So with you on this.

WE are SO lucky ! :)

Yeah, finally getting my lifelong dream of a home theater came at a perfect time tech and media wise, but it is seriously messing with me. I'm finding it overwhelming seeing movies and TV shows in it, and am just going nuts with the stuff to watch, both new and the 3ver increasing list of stuff to rewatch. And , I've found myself nearly in an insane shock trying to come to terms with seeing films I've loved my life, and in the quality I could never, in my wildest dreams, have EVER hoped to have at home. I've embarrassingly found myself tearing up a few times, like watching The deer Hunter UHD.