Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Cutting out processed foods....

18 hours ago, betty boop said:

ha ! :D 

no nothing like that if anything put a kg on :D perhaps the goodness of the food rather than the other stuff killing me ! hehe

still sticking with the plan...this part of it not really about loosing weight...more cutting out the cr@p ...cutting out the all too processed things we tend to rely on.

that part is going good. havent had an instant coffee as far as can remember plenty other things just dont touch ...but havent also been a nazi at it. ie will still have at social occasions and what not.

rather than feel good...its just good health thats the drive. limit the kind of processed potentially harm causing and instead swap to the more natural as little processed as possible :) but yes a side effect is feel good :D  

For me cutting out processed food resulted in weight loss.

I thought l read an earlier post that you hadn't cut out sugar? Correct me if I'm wrong. Sugar processed and one of the worst and most addictive substance you put in your gob. 

I was sugar free for 2 years and some how crept back into my diet.

I'm about to go cold turkey from Monday. That and bread, as I'm wheat intolerant also.

Great that you are feeling better and healthier from this exercise. I suspect the 1kg weight gain is all muscle😀

2 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

For me cutting out processed food resulted in weight loss.

I thought l read an earlier post that you hadn't cut out sugar? Correct me if I'm wrong. Sugar processed and one of the worst and most addictive substance you put in your gob. 

I was sugar free for 2 years and some how crept back into my diet.

I'm about to go cold turkey from Monday. That and bread, as I'm wheat intolerant also.

Great that you are feeling better and healthier from this exercise. I suspect the 1kg weight gain is all muscle😀

Oh yeah they old excuse :D I have been going to the gym ... only problem with exercise only want to eat more !

havent cut out sugar. I don’t do much sugar ... where do it’s raw :)

3 hours ago, betty boop said:

only problem with exercise only want to eat more !

havent cut out sugar. I don’t do much sugar ... where do it’s raw :)

I found this didn't happen with a ketogenic diet. I could exercise at a slightly lower level without fatigue or hunger as the body was providing fuel during execise. I fell off the wagon while camping at Easter and haven't really got back on and now do get hungry after a ride or long walk. I still try and limit sugar, processed foods and carbs. As always my issues revolve around saltly chips or twisties type snacks and too much diet coke. I've switched to sugar free coke as it's not meant to be as bad, but need to get back into mineral waters with a hint of flavouring.

Is it basically a low GI diet Al? Very effective. Yes the industrial revolution was a real turning point for the human race me thinks.

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Is it basically a low GI diet Al? Very effective. Yes the industrial revolution was a real turning point for the human race me thinks.

hi daz, 

no more hte keep it simple type diet...

home cooked... simple cooked foods... just taking out the industrial processed stuffs... 

2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

industrial revolution was a real turning point for the human race me thinks.

I think it depends where you live. I'm very lucky that my job takes me to Italy twice a year, and yes they have all the snack food processed stuff, but generally Europeans still tend to care about what they eat and where it comes from. European roadhouses and supermarkets are a real eye opener. Fresh food every where at a servo, baristas serving REAL coffee.

The towns I visit have take away pizza stores, but that's about as close to fast food as they have.

3 hours ago, blybo said:

I think it depends where you live. I'm very lucky that my job takes me to Italy twice a year, and yes they have all the snack food processed stuff, but generally Europeans still tend to care about what they eat and where it comes from. European roadhouses and supermarkets are a real eye opener. Fresh food every where at a servo, baristas serving REAL coffee.

The towns I visit have take away pizza stores, but that's about as close to fast food as they have.

Was in Rome last October. I think l ate pizza everyday. The way they make them is pretty minimalistic. 

They don't pile the rubbish like they do here. Fair to say haven't had pizza since.

21 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Was in Rome last October. I think l ate pizza everyday. The way they make them is pretty minimalistic. 

They don't pile the rubbish like they do here. Fair to say haven't had pizza since.

I rarely have pizza or pasta when in Italy! I usually have antipasti then main. I actually prefer a minimalist Australian style thin base pizza to what I get in Italy.

we are very lucky with a local guy that does the traditional italian way with pizza....amazing effort in getting oven all ways from italy, only uses the best of ingredients...amazing stuff comes out the oven and definition of simplicity....awesome pizza....havent bothered making pizza at home for a while as we just head around to the shop. we never did base ourselves anyways...

the definition of simplicity will always remember about italy was the grilled fish i had there years ago...fresh caught stuck on the grill wiht little to no ingredients ... yum.... here any seafood we have has been on ice effectively frozen... even though in melbourne a seaside city... which is a shame...