Adding HT Bypass

5 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

A simple workaround is to note the volume setting of the amp while using for movies (with all channels about the same loudness).

yes its something most of us did in early days of integrating 2ch and av... I did myself as well for some years until I upgraded to a pre amp with ht bypass :)

1 minute ago, Bunno77 said:

I've thought about it. Would save a lot of hassle and would always be safe too. 

its no bother as you can calibrate the system with the integrated volume level at say 12 o'clock...

but just have to remember to return the pre vol knob to normal 2ch listening which might be at 20 to or 10 to or something. so something some times forget and get blasted :D 

if I am right it does also have a ATT button, which I wonder if could be used some ways to make life easier... ie before switch of always remember to hit the ATT button or something :)

!1 ATT. Button
This button attenuates volume with one press of the but-
ton. When pressed, "ATT" flashes on the display and the
volume is reduced. If pressed again, the mode is canceled
and the original volume level is restored. Attenuation level
is set to –20 dB when the PM-15S1 is shipped from the
factory, but it can be set to either –40 dB or -∞ (mute). For
instructions on how to set attenuation level, see "ATTENU-
ATION (ATT)" on pg. 17
  • Like 2

Thank you. 

I will try it. The volume knob doesn't have markings but the screen is like current Marantz AVRs so there is a digital volume level readout. 

Yep the Att button is a good idea. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

A simple workaround is to note the volume setting of the amp while using for movies (with all channels about the same loudness).

This is what I do, to make do with what I have. I use a small ball of bluetack on the motorised volume knob as a marker. 

My only note is to have the 2ch amp volume set high, not max but loud enough for loud sections of a movie. To avoid clipping and adjust the channel volume on your AVR to get the level mix right.

Enjoy :)

Edited by PauliD
  • Like 2