Currently Streaming

Guest Benjet

1 hour ago, hlov said:

Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart.

Thanks @April Snow for the recommendation, she is good.

You are welcome - I have brought all her vinyls now - and they are exceptionally good - "Thrill" is fantastic but I really love "Currency of Man" - but recommend the Artists Cut on that one as it is better than the standard release. I am a Melody "fan girl" now - LOL - she has also just released a song with Sting - that is worth checking out too - they sound great together & I am hoping it is on her new album due to be released towards the end of this year.

I just realised that there was a new Telefonica Tel Aviv album released last year, the first in a decade. 

if you like big, powerful, atmospheric electronic music beautifully produced to within an inch of its life, this one is for you.

Josh Eustis is an amazing producer, having done stints in Nine Inch Nails and Puscifer as well as his side gig the Black Queen. If you’ve got a system with decent bass response and good imaging this one will be a treat.

https://telefon-tel-aviv.bandcamp.com/album/dreams-are-not-enough

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/telefon-tel-aviv-dreams-are-not-enough/amp/

it’s streaming on all the usual services. 

On 05/08/2020 at 12:41 PM, Munce31 said:

Can't believe this was recorded in '64. Sounds like it was recorded yesterday with modern equipment. It almost has a bi-aural presentation if listening with headphones. 120692631_ScreenShot2020-08-05at12_40_12pm.png.f401260765d76e509b90922e3dea0e5b.png

On 05/08/2020 at 12:41 PM, Munce31 said:

Can't believe this was recorded in '64. Sounds like it was recorded yesterday with modern equipment. It almost has a bi-aural presentation if listening with headphones. 120692631_ScreenShot2020-08-05at12_40_12pm.png.f401260765d76e509b90922e3dea0e5b.png

the reason it sounds so good is because it was recorded 64 years ago,all analogue ,valve equipment,reeel to reel tape.

• Like 3

On 12/09/2020 at 9:18 AM, ray4410 said:

the reason it sounds so good is because it was recorded 64 years ago,all analogue ,valve equipment,reeel to reel tape.

The other reason or major reason is that the musicians are great and the engineers new it kept out of the way?

• Like 1