Currently Streaming

Guest Benjet

Guest Benjet

I don’t know if there is already a topic on this, but I’m to lazy to look so I’ll start another. What digital gems have you found?

I’ll start:

Currently listening to Cat Steven’s Tea for the Tillerman in MQA (Tidal). Pretty darn impressive!!!

D30D64D6-DAA4-4DF1-95BC-B608AB97A321.jpeg

Guest Benjet
1 hour ago, Tarzan said:

On Tidal Masters, BB King Live from Cook County Jail 1970.

I’ll give that a listen tonight. Check out  Air’s album Talkie Walkie, an amazing recording.

David Byrne, American Utopia.  We saw the concert down the Gold Coast last year and it was one of the best live musical experiences I can recall.  There were a few good ones from the 70s that I can't remember that well ;) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 21/05/2019 at 10:36 AM, Benjet said:

I’ll give that a listen tonight. Check out  Air’s album Talkie Walkie, an amazing recording.

I'll check this out tonight. I'm getting a chance to listen to more music now. 

Guest Benjet
I'll check this out tonight. I'm getting a chance to listen to more music now. 

What did you think of that album?

It's interesting to view another style of music. Strawpeople are a band from NZ that I think you'd like, they are of the same style. They have a song "sweet disorder" that unfortunately is not on Tidal. Great bass rifs, I love that song, I need to bring over the CD I have. When people come over and want something of a demo of my main system I pull that out first.

I liked the song Alpha Beta Gaga best. The banjo was great. From 2:41 the song began for me. In saying that I think my 660's are too intimate, I like the space that live recordings give. I know I need a different set of headphones for this but given the issues with frequencies in my left ear I wonder about the value I would get. My left ear is... some what deaf to certain frequencies.

TBH Colin's setup has not helped. Or Ricks Stax setup. No help at all...

Edited by Tarzan
  • Like 1

Guest Benjet
It's interesting to view another style of music. Strawpeople are a band from NZ that I think you'd like, they are of the same style. They have a song "sweet disorder" that unfortunately is not on Tidal. Great bass rifs, I love that song, I need to bring over the CD I have. When people come over and want something of a demo of my main system I pull that out first.

I liked the song Alpha Beta Gaga best. The banjo was great. From 2:41 the song began for me. In saying that I think my 660's are too intimate, I like the space that live recordings give. I know I need a different set of headphones for this but given the issues with frequencies in my left ear I wonder about the value I would get. My left ear is... some what deaf to certain frequencies.

TBH Colin's setup has not helped. Or Ricks Stax setup. No help at all...

I remember Strawpeople. They had that track “Trick with a knife”. I would love to hear their later stuff. Bring it around next time you visit.

Guest Benjet

I remember Strawpeople. They had that track “Trick with a knife”. I would love to hear their later stuff. Bring it around next time you visit.

If you like headphones that give a sense of space, try my new HD800. Closest thing to speakers I’ve heard.

• 2 weeks later...

I have got to get round to your place mate. I have just read my girl's rooster and have a day.

BTW I'm listening to Joe Cocker, "Fire it up, LIVE".  I have got to say, 3 glasses of Drambui and this spectacular tube amp a good friend of mine lent me is really getting me moving. My cat is sitting on top of my PC looking purr'plexed, get it? PURR'plexed?  ?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tarzan said:

just read my girl's rooster

Good read?

The chase would of been fun...

Oi! Rooster! Come here you!

Wake you up at the crack of dawn then??

Currently streaming this.

Yup. It's bloody good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, turnthetable said:

ELO - Eldorado

image.png.a4511756f129078ba56fd8dd3e9e2a4d.png

If you think that’s good you should hear here Neil Young’s Eldorado?

An EP with an old Drifters song on it On Broadway 

Guitar heaven

Spotifys your friend

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, turnthetable said:

Hmm! not having much luck with Spotify, doesn't show the EP only playlists

Have a look on the record Freedom

i think they are both on there

i had an ep originally I think it was released for a tour

well worth it