Recessed Acoustic Motorised Tensioned Screen!

sorry not meaning to be rude or negative as it looks really good.. just not with the pj/screen being used. how can you stand the reflections in the recessed area. that should be a flat black and even the back wall around the tv.

would make the picture on both tv/screen so much better.

but each to their own as it looks like a quality job.

1 hour ago, hopefullguy said:

sorry not meaning to be rude or negative as it looks really good.. just not with the pj/screen being used. how can you stand the reflections in the recessed area. that should be a flat black and even the back wall around the tv.

would make the picture on both tv/screen so much better.

but each to their own as it looks like a quality job.

All good!

Thats not a great pic, as I had ambient lighting on and standing, angled from the side. Wall paint is matte and front  on from the seated position there is minimal reflection, more a soft ‘glow’ if anything. Painting it black would be better but I don’t want make make it a black hole! As it’s the kids movie room, it’s all a bit of a compromise but haven’t had any complaint so far! There are plans to repaint whole room a dark colour when dad gets control of the room back! 

Edited by raff

thanks sometimes i post before i think haha

as for paint i dug up a post about black paint for a room. Astec paints in Adelaide did a special mix for the Nova cinema in Adelaide. It was so good they decided to carry it as a standard line.

they have distributors in most states and if you contact Christos (adelaide shop) he will do a gooood deal for members. the paint comes in a variety of colours now.

just something to keep in mind down the track.

• 3 months later...