Sign in to follow this  
shogo33

SOLD: FS: Tisbury Audio Passive Preamp

Posted (edited)

Item: Tisbury Audio - Mini Passive Preamplifier Gen 2 version
Price: $200
Item Condition: As new, puchased in Apr 19
Reason for selling: Not going ahead with second system.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info: http://tisburyaudio.co.uk/mini-passive-preamplifier

Bought this for a second system, but that plan has been bumped out, so not going ahead with the study room system. I tested this on my main system with a pair of 3 meter interconnects to the SGR actives, with no noticable loss in volume. You could also use this as a switch, Output 2 can be configured (by switches on the base) as either an additional primary output, or as a 'loop' out, to bypass the volume control and loop out to another device.  
Output 1 is the primary output and its level is set by the volume control. A new feature is the selectable attenuation, which allows you to reduce the signal by a fixed -10 dB or -20 dB. If your system has too much gain and you can't turn the volume dial past 12 o'clock without hearing damage,
this setting will help. I compared this passive to another 5 input version (made in China), and this one sounded better to me.

Pictures: To be loaded over the weekend.

Edited by shogo33

@sakabatou

Very flexible, high quality little unit is this.  I use mine together with a Beresford Amp and Speaker switching box.  I can have Turntable, CD and streamer in and because it has 2 outputs I can use the Beresford to switch between SS and Valve amps and between speakers (A or B or A+B).  I know it isn't a theoretically purist approach but I cannot tell that this thing adds any noise or issues whatsoever and it adds that convenience factor at really low cost.  I also tested it as a straight passive amp on each of the power amps and again it performed very well.  Someone should just buy it and figure out later how to use it.....

Posted (edited)

Sold.

Edited by shogo33