An abomination

Not the prettiest of speakers, but can imagine being impressed by something like this when I was a teenager!

Definitely, we on this forum are not the target audience......but then we are a minority in the music listening industry. There may still be appeal to non-audiophiles

Edited by anandpkumar

2 hours ago, Audiofy said:

Sony's TVs look very good though.

If only B&W and Wilson brought out an OLED and then the Sony ones would look like junk boxes, just like the Muteki. ?

After @Marc mentioned that they weren’t to bad for what they are, I’m really keen to buy one of these totem poles for the Stinger Shed, it’ll be a hoot I reckon. 

7 hours ago, batou said:

Question, Why @some v2 are you lingering at jb hifi checking out their inferior hifi stuff if it is not your target market in the first place? 

In all the years I’ve been on this forum, this has to be the most random, nonsensical question I’ve ever been asked. 

But it I will answer this question, because nonsensical  questions need a response to highlight their nonsensicality.

Yesterday, on the year day 17th May, 2019, my beloved and cherished Kia Stinger was due for its first free service and I had decided to get its oil changed also. 17th of May here in the Nations capital was rather a lovely day, so instead of getting an Uber home and back again later at a cost I couldn’t justify, I decided to spend the 4+ hours while my car was in service, looking around at all facilities and Services Phillip (suburb) has to offer. 

So 8.45am, car dropped off, told the service manager a list of issues that might need looking at, and of course, all issues were random software glitches that can’t be checked Willy nilly, but will have to wait till Kia do a software update. 

Being it was this time of the day, breakfast was beckoning, so I headed in the direction of Woden plaza, and then to most people’s favorite breakfast destination, McDonalds. Deluxe Breakfast burger and small latte consumed, I headed into the direction of my all time favorite retail store JB Hi-Fi, and why is it my favorite, because most of the things I buy in life that I enjoy are stocked in one convenient location, for example:

CD’s

Blu-Rays

4k Blu-rays 

Drones

Security cameras

Apple Products

random computer accessories 

TV’s, of which on average I buy 3 a year

Dyson stick vacs (currently tempted by the new V11)

the list goes on, so let me know in a PM if you would like me to continue 

Now pay careful attention, this is where your specific question will get answered. So, I was looking in the CD section to see what albums they had of Opeth, being as this is a band that I’ve finally discovered (I know……………?) and to my disappointment for all of 7 seconds, they only had 2 cd’s, ones I wasn’t interested in buying being as I hadn’t heard them yet. After that 7 seconds of disappointment, I decided then to walk over to see the TV department to ask the stupidity tall sales guy there if he had an idea as to when sony’s 2019 OLED s will be making an appearance (He didn’t know) but in order to get from that part of the shop from where I was standing, I had to walk down the section where JB accommodate the ever revered Muteki. And it’s rather safe to say, that this particular unit stands out like a Donkeys Do-dar and I thought it’ll be a hoot to share my discovery, because a rather distinguished gentleman of taste as you appear to be, might not have had the sheer delight to come across this Everest-tic piece of Bogan technology (your welcome)

It was at this point, I went out of the store, pass the Brightly colored Do-nut king, fancied a caramel glazed do-nut, purchased, enjoyed, and then decided to have a look at the other car dealerships in the vicinity of The one my car was in, which included the Mini Cooper dealership and a Maserati one, of which I spent about 30mins inside talking to the bored sales guy in there (not a high traffic dealership one could say) about a 277k vehicle on display and other car related topics, while chewing on a few free minties he had on his desk, and yes, a Maserati is not in my target market either, so should I write an entire post about that also?

Walked back to Kia’s service department to do a sit in whilst consuming the free Nespresso machine and Arnotts sample packet biscuits while having an nostalgic conversation with the Ford service manager for an hour, a guy that used to be a dj back in the day when I was a sound guy in Canberra. 

Kia’s manager walked up, told me the car was ready, at this stage it was 1.30 pm, all was good with the car, paid the $250 for the oil change (I know…………………………, don’t go there) and happily drove home. 

Now, this post wasn’t designed to be offensive, but clearly giving you the nonsensical response to a likewise, nonsensical question. 

Have a good day. 

Edited by Sime V2

48 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

In all the years I’ve been on this forum, this has to be the most random, nonsensical question I’ve ever been asked. 

But it I will answer this question, because nonsensical  questions need a response to highlight their nonsensicality.

Yesterday, on the year day 17th May, 2019, my beloved and cherished Kia Stinger was due for its first free service and I had decided to get its oil changed also. 17th of May here in the Nations capital was rather a lovely day, so instead of getting an Uber home and back again later at a cost I couldn’t justify, I decided to spend the 4+ hours while my car was in service, looking around at all facilities and Services Phillip (suburb) has to offer. 

So 8.45am, car dropped off, told the service manager a list of issues that might need looking at, and of course, all issues were random software glitches that can’t be checked Willy nilly, but will have to wait till Kia do a software update. 

Being it was this time of the day, breakfast was beckoning, so I headed in the direction of Woden plaza, and then to most people’s favorite breakfast destination, McDonalds. Deluxe Breakfast burger and small latte consumed, I headed into the direction of my all time favorite retail store JB Hi-Fi, and why is it my favorite, because most of the things I buy in life that I enjoy are stocked in one convenient location, for example:

CD’s

Blu-Rays

4k Blu-rays 

Drones

Security cameras

Apple Products

random computer accessories 

TV’s, of which on average I buy 3 a year

Dyson stick vacs (currently tempted by the new V11)

the list goes on, so let me know in a PM if you would like me to continue 

Now pay careful attention, this is where your specific question will get answered. So, I was looking in the CD section to see what albums they had of Opeth, being as this is a band that I’ve finally discovered (I know……………?) and to my disappointment for all of 7 seconds, they only had 2 cd’s, ones I wasn’t interested in buying being as I hadn’t heard them yet. After that 7 seconds of disappointment, I decided then to walk over to see the TV department to ask the stupidity tall sales guy there if he had an idea as to when sony’s 2019 OLED s will be making an appearance (He didn’t know) but in order to get from that part of the shop from where I was standing, I had to walk down the section where JB accommodate the ever revered Muteki. And it’s rather safe to say, that this particular unit stands out like a Donkeys Do-dar and I thought it’ll be a hoot to share my discovery, because a rather distinguished gentleman of taste as you appear to be, might not have had the sheer delight to come across this Everest-tic piece of Bogan technology (your welcome)

It was at this point, I went out of the store, pass the Brightly colored Do-nut king, fancied a caramel glazed do-nut, purchased, enjoyed, and then decided to have a look at the other car dealerships in the vicinity of The one my car was in, which included the Mini Cooper dealership and a Maserati one, of which I spent about 30mins inside talking to the bored sales guy in there (not a high traffic dealership one could say) about a 277k vehicle on display and other car related topics, while chewing on a few free minties he had on his desk, and yes, a Maserati is not in my target market either, so should I write an entire post about that also?

Walked back to Kia’s service depart to do a sit in whilst consuming the free Nespresso machine and Arnotts sample packet biscuits while having an nostalgic conversation with the Ford service manager for an hour, a guy that used to be a dj back in the day when I was a sound guy in Canberra. 

Kia’s manager walked up, told me the car was ready, at this stage it was 1.30 pm, all was good with the car, paid the $250 for the oil change (I know…………………………, don’t go there) and happily drove home. 

Now, this post wasn’t designed to be offensive, but clearly giving you the nonsensical response to a likewise, nonsensical question. 

Have a good day. 

Geez Sime took me about 4 hours to read that post.... ?

You might have to head down to JB for a new keyboard after typing that to replace the worn out one...... :na:

Edited by Martykt

7 minutes ago, Martykt said:

Geez Sime took me about 4 hours to read that post.... ?

You might have to head down to JB for a new keyboard after typing that to replace the worn out one...... :na:

He wanted to know how I ended up in the Muteki isle. 

1 minute ago, Sime V2 said:

He wanted to know how I ended up in the Muteki isle. 

It's okay Sime, I'm guilty of the same thing ending up in the JB "Hifi" aisle.... :unsure:

Read about the whole sound-bar thing so thought I'd go and see what all the fuss was about by listening to a Bose sound-bar..... never again..... :no:

1 minute ago, Martykt said:

It's okay Sime

I think you misread the tone of my response to you ? I was being jovial not defensive ?

1 minute ago, Sime V2 said:

I think you misread the tone of my response to you ? I was being jovial not defensive ?

He definitely got his answer !! :D 

I just thought I'd share a bit of the shameful guilt with you for heading down the wrong aisle at JB !! ?

the most random, nonsensical question I’ve ever been asked

To be fair, Sime, you have been known to answer questions that are far more random and nonsensical but that have been asked of other people. Sometimes, indeed, ninja'ing my best efforts to answer them, and with a humour and accuracy that also ninja's me :

It's like the classifieds. You've got to be quick around here.