An abomination

Guest Muon N'

:lol: I was discussing these Muteki systems with someone the other week as he saw someone selling Muteki 7.1 system on FB.

Some vids on youtube with people setting up/playing these systems if you are game ;)

These were discussed here a short while ago, and someone said the youngins take the surround ones home and set them up like they are stacked in store...wall of sound xD

Yes @Sime V2

You better amend your OP to the correct name (muteki - although I agree your version is correct in a Freudian sense) or you’ll find that nice car of yours up on bricks....

Nasty crowd that backward cap wearing, break dancing lot...

• Administrator

Has anyone heard it?

I have. It's absolutely perfect for parties, and only a few short years ago you would have had to spend potentially $000's to get sound that rivals this in sheer output. Honestly, it doesn't sound bad, for what it is and its intended application.

Ugly? Yes.

Value for money? Absolutely.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Marc said:

Has anyone heard it?

I have. It's absolutely perfect for parties, and only a few short years ago you would have had to spend potentially $000's to get sound that rivals this in sheer output. Honestly, it doesn't sound bad, for what it is and its intended application.

Ugly? Yes.

Value for money? Absolutely.

there are some pretty decent and affordable powered party PA speakers JB and band shops also sell @Marc therye capable of some serious output and only 100s rather than 1000s dollars ! especially the JBL ones,

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/dj-musical-instruments/pa-speakers/

atleast dont have to face the "abomination" :D

that said its quite possible you might just be wanting the muteki for the sounds and light show they put on ?  

They were created on commitment by Australia that at least 20,000 units will be sold, or else those bean counters in shinagawa wouldn't even give a thought to them. 

What a sad mutation they have become since the very first muteki model - speakers were time-aligned, 1st order cross-over design.

Edited by jeromelang

• Administrator

My point was, I suspect ALL are commenting without actually having used one.

At a party recently where one of these was in use, all those present were able to connect very simply from their own phones directly to it with the click of a button and play their preferred tunes. You unbox it, plug it in, and away you go. Show me a PA system for the same money, ease of use, connectivity options, and flashy lights that are actually enough to satisfy most small parties and gatherings.

Anyway, not here to argue, but just to add some balance to a thread for a product that is actually very good, despite how ugly some might consider it.

The audience here is absolutely not the target market.

• Like 7

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

“Abomination” is in the eye of the beholder. I reckon these look worse...

75E5FB96-28BF-4D45-9B9D-863DFCDCBEFB.jpeg.a9b4e3a431c009ea9bd7f0b1f269d1a6.jpeg

They're awesome. They just need Bluetooth and some flashy lights :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest kryten2001

If they weatherproofed it and made it look a bit less lary it would have a decent market. A more discreet version of this would be popular with the povo outdoorsy party BBQ types.

I’d actually buy one if I just had 1100 lying around and whack it in my garage when I’m tending to the vehicle. 

54 minutes ago, Satanica said:

I don't see the point of chest beating threads like this one picking on average Joe products.

Define average Joe, I wash dogs and live in a caravan…………………