Nura Loop / Nura Phones Owners Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best to live with the delay. I would advise against picking up in person.

As I mentioned, everyone's experiences will differ due to the personalisation but I'm very familiar with MIY and Beyerdynamic (similar personalisation/testing) and they're fantastic (Lagoon ANC are st

aww I'm sorry - that's a little bit tooooo long to wait personally. 'Late December' is code in my world for, "oh, and a bit into 2020 as well"   I need a good pair of daily headphones n

I was wandering through Melb Central yesterday and the Nura stand was up and going.   1st time listener.    Very impressive before and after testing.     I won't be swapping my IEM's out any time soon but the Nura felt comfortable and the setup process was very quick and apparently efficient.

The young guy admitted there had been some hold ups but they hope to start shipping very, very soon.

The $549 asking price will be 20% off on Boxing day for info.

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Not a single photo of them in hand though, and aside from one single comment about the smaller size, it reads as a re-write of the marketing material (like we do, for example, when we're talking about an upcoming product). Hmmm.

If we were the first to get product that thousands are waiting for (which with us and Nura both being Melbourne-based, we were expecting to happen), I'd be getting a load of photos to show them off!

• Like 2

My main concern is the fit. My assumption is you won't be able to use 3rd party tips, such as comply foam tips, though hope I'm wrong.

If they only have 3 tip fits, like the Nuraphones, someone is bound to be unlucky & not able to quite get the right fit, which is crucial with IEM's.

• Administrators

We’re excited to get the product in your hands with shipping commencing in February (once manufacturing restarts after Chinese New Year) and will continue throughout March. We’ll be in touch shortly to confirm your final shipping details.

• 3 weeks later...

Luckily I'm not desperate for a pair of headphones & purchased merely out of intrigue to see what Nura develop here, otherwise I would be pulling the plug on a refund & getting something else. 

I wonder how many sets they've actually produced since the last email, what before Christmas? From memory, they had planned to start shipping them after Chinese New Year, meaning you'd assume they'd have an amount ready to go.

• 2 months later...

Okay.  This was an update I wasn't expecting...

I hope this email finds you well. Since my last update to you on the NuraLoop we have been able to make some positive strides in both production and packing.

I can happily report that as of today we have made a little over 10,000 NuraLoops and expect to continue at a relatively stable rate of about 400 a day. We now have enough extra workers to start packaging all the produced NuraLoops while continuing production. I expect to have the packaging running at full speed within a couple of days.

We are monitoring shipping timeframes with our worldwide partners, as the situation continues to evolve. Your NuraLoops need to be air freighted in batches to our regional warehouses before being shipped to your door. Currently, we estimate the vast majority of you should receive your NuraLoops by mid-May.

I will send another update at the end of the month. Expect to receive an email from us in the next two weeks asking you to confirm your shipping and contact details. To help our team during this time, please wait to receive the confirmation email before reaching out to update your details.

While the situation around the world now with COVID 19 is far from over, I hope that this little bit of good news can make your day today.

As always, if you’d like to get in touch with our team with any questions or concerns, you can do so here.

Not sure I’m of the same opinion. Smells like a shortage of loo paper. Too many excuses. I’ve written it off. My first dip into this kind of transaction.  If it eventually eventuates I’m happy to be surprised. 

I got the email too. I'm surprised that if there are 10,000 made that there hasn't been any distributed.

I wonder whether the packaging, or the manuals, or some other bit hasn't been made.

I hope some units get out to 'influencers' and 'reviewers' sooner rather than later.

I am surprised that it will take 5 weeks to deliver what is being made out as stuff alraedy made.

In 5 weeeks, they will make another 10,000 units, perhaps 14,000 units. That makes 20,000 plus units.

Still, worse things are going on.  Looking forward to a delivery before the one year anniversary of the original payment.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Benje said:

I hope some units get out to 'influencers' and 'reviewers' sooner rather than later.

Being a Melbourne based company, we have met with Nura a few times. We were promised an early review sample, but those communications have now fallen over since a number of key staff who were our contacts all moved on from Nura late last year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my 'confirm your shipping address' email. 

Let's see how long it takes now.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Monk said:

So I got my 'confirm your shipping address' email. 

Let's see how long it takes now.  :lol:

Me too... fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently, my NuraLoops arrive next week.  They were in Australia Post Chullora NSW this morning.

Just got to get across the border into SA.......

Looking forward to them arriving, and seeing what the experience of others has been when they arrive.

Benje

Hmm.  That's interesting.  Did you get an email with the tracking link?

I responded to the confirm your email address, but haven't gotten anything since.

• Administrators

Looks like mine are due Friday or Monday.

yes - tracking links via Australia Post.

some reviews appearing on the internet.  Positive.

• Like 1

My nuraloop arrived today...... I was very happy but after I did the installation the left earbud does not recognize the dial and tap commando's..... the right earbud works fine..... I send them an email to notify them about this problem...... I hope they can fix it 

Cancelled my order just after all the shutdowns started, as production had come to a halt & got myself the Sony WF true wireless headphones. Still am curious to see people's opinion on these after a week or 2 of using them.

The early indications reading people's initial thoughts on Reddit have been for the most part positive, but not mind blowing in regards to the sound quality - I think people had expectations they'd get a similar experience to the Nuraphone, which simply isn't going to happen with an in-ear headphone compared to an over-ear headphone.

Look forward to people's thoughts posted in here.

• Like 1

Ha, got an email from Aus Post about 10:30 last night saying they'd received my delivery details.   Seems I might get them next week. 

• Administrators

Mine arrived this morning. Doing the necessary 1 hour minimum charge before firing them up.

• Administrators

6 tracks in, I'm underwhelmed. I really wanted these to be great as they tick a lot of boxes for me when travelling.

Individual results are going to vary I guess, given the personalisation. It would be good to be able to dig into the profile and see what Nura has 'determined'. I have no idea at this stage, but in Neutral mode with Personalisation turned off, they sound worse than bundled ibuds. Turning Personalisation on, I find I need immersion turned up to at least 90% in order to get some foundation bottom end to balance out the sound.

First tracks off the list came from TIDAL, so thinking that the platform might be compressing data more than usual at the moment (a rumour), swapping to Roon and local content, as well as Qobuz all yielded similar results.

Bass is wooly, cymbals and high hats sound artificial- I'm reminded of high bit rate MP3 sound quality. It's entirely flat, lifeless.

They don't do dynamic swings well at all, and in louder pieces it's just a mishmash of instruments. 

It's possible they need some time to settle down and break in, and experience tells me such, however they've got a long way to be considered worthy of most listeners on this site IMO. 

On the plus side, fit is good, comfort is great, they're lightweight and make a great seal with my ears with the S tips fitted.

Certainly no out of head experiences coming this way soon though I believe. But, I will give them some time - I generally like to leave headphones running on the desk for a few days before judging them. Unfortunately they turn off as you remove them from you ears, so looks like I'll have to use them throughout that process in this case. I do hope to change my opinion overall with some time, in any case.

• Thanks 2
  • Administrators

OK just less than an hour later I am hearing very marginal improvement. I ran a second profile and while the image appears the same, the sound is somewhat fuller, and less artificial, but certainly no "audiophile" grade as yet. Will continue monitoring. It's encouraging that they may improve in time though.

Glad Iam not the only one underwhelmed.

They sound like bundled computer  speakers from 20 yrs ago!

• Administrators

They flattened much quicker than expected. Giving them a full charge this time before listening again to see if that makes a difference.

• Administrators

OK these have been stolen by my wife, who immediately warmed to them in every way.

Go figure. Maybe I'm just not the target audience :)

Iam now listening to my son's Sony wf1000-xm3. Got to convince him the nuraloops are better...

I actually really like the original nuraphone.

43 minutes ago, Marc said:

OK these have been stolen by my wife, who immediately warmed to them in every way.

Marc

I look forward to advising my experience next week when mine arrive.

I really value honest feedback - it sounds like they could be quite specific to the customer.

I wonder whether your hearing and adjustments are different to your wifes? (apart from the typical male deafness related to the higher frequencies of the wife's vocal chords   :) ).

All good to hear.  My ears are 61 years old.  They are not perfect.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

So are we going to see the review written by Mrs Marc ?? :D 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Benje said:

Marc

I look forward to advising my experience next week when mine arrive.

I really value honest feedback - it sounds like they could be quite specific to the customer.

I wonder whether your hearing and adjustments are different to your wifes? (apart from the typical male deafness related to the higher frequencies of the wife's vocal chords   :) ).

All good to hear.  My ears are 61 years old.  They are not perfect.

As I mentioned, everyone's experiences will differ due to the personalisation but I'm very familiar with MIY and Beyerdynamic (similar personalisation/testing) and they're fantastic (Lagoon ANC are still my go-to travel 'phones). 

I think it's more to do with the fact that she cares much less about the sound quality, and digs the form, features and functions.

8 minutes ago, Martykt said:

So are we going to see the review written by Mrs Marc ?? :D 

Not likely :)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Marc said:

6 tracks in, I'm underwhelmed. 

Woo hoo!  I'm glad I bought them!

Ha.  

:|

I know it's been only a day or 2 since some of you have received them..

I am very keen to hear from anyone who have used them in noisy environments and how well the active noise cancellation and phone mic works (they have both out those, yes?) 

I work in Data Centres a fair bit and my old LG round the neck earbuds did a rather good job in both.. I lost them just in Aug last year and have been waiting for for these to come out to replace (have a cheap set that do OK on the cancellation, but crap on the phone mic) 

• Administrators

I haven't used the microphone yet, but I can report the ANC is very, very good - heading towards best in class I think but I'd need to jump on a plane to make that final judgement.

• Like 1

Ahhh, don't you just love tracking cookies... 

Jumped on to Facebook straight after I posted the above and what was the first sponsored ad on my Facebook feed.. 

A review for nuraloop

https://www.slashgear.com/nura-nuraloop-review-the-sound-of-custom-earbuds-without-the-price-14620476/?fbclid=IwAR0DVw_nf4W8zFBad4vYwuorK7qXSxvHv7l9f6Gqhq3aXPIr0ML2r_taJ1M

It's not a bad review actually.. 

Might wait until the first month to see what problems surface, if any 

But I think I am sold. 

• Administrators

I've got a problem with the left earphone touch pad not working correctly. It's an intermittent problem and have to keep taking it out and reinserting it to get it to work.

Looks like I'll be raising the issue with Nura.

• Marc changed the title to Nura Loop / Nura Phones Owners Thread