Nura / Denon PerL Headphones Owners & Discussion Thread

On 07/12/2019 at 8:43 PM, Sime said:

Read that email I posted again, I’m afraid you will be disappointed. 

@Marc

my email arrived today.  I was disappointed as Sime forsaw.  Oh well, not long to wait till the latest delivery estimate.

Benje

• 2 weeks later...

I was wandering through Melb Central yesterday and the Nura stand was up and going.   1st time listener.    Very impressive before and after testing.     I won't be swapping my IEM's out any time soon but the Nura felt comfortable and the setup process was very quick and apparently efficient.

The young guy admitted there had been some hold ups but they hope to start shipping very, very soon.

The $549 asking price will be 20% off on Boxing day for info.

Regards Cazzesman

• 3 weeks later...

• Administrator

Not a single photo of them in hand though, and aside from one single comment about the smaller size, it reads as a re-write of the marketing material (like we do, for example, when we're talking about an upcoming product). Hmmm.

If we were the first to get product that thousands are waiting for (which with us and Nura both being Melbourne-based, we were expecting to happen), I'd be getting a load of photos to show them off!

• Like 1

My main concern is the fit. My assumption is you won't be able to use 3rd party tips, such as comply foam tips, though hope I'm wrong.

If they only have 3 tip fits, like the Nuraphones, someone is bound to be unlucky & not able to quite get the right fit, which is crucial with IEM's.

• Administrator

We’re excited to get the product in your hands with shipping commencing in February (once manufacturing restarts after Chinese New Year) and will continue throughout March. We’ll be in touch shortly to confirm your final shipping details.

• 3 weeks later...

Luckily I'm not desperate for a pair of headphones & purchased merely out of intrigue to see what Nura develop here, otherwise I would be pulling the plug on a refund & getting something else. 

I wonder how many sets they've actually produced since the last email, what before Christmas? From memory, they had planned to start shipping them after Chinese New Year, meaning you'd assume they'd have an amount ready to go.

• 2 months later...

Okay.  This was an update I wasn't expecting...

I hope this email finds you well. Since my last update to you on the NuraLoop we have been able to make some positive strides in both production and packing.

I can happily report that as of today we have made a little over 10,000 NuraLoops and expect to continue at a relatively stable rate of about 400 a day. We now have enough extra workers to start packaging all the produced NuraLoops while continuing production. I expect to have the packaging running at full speed within a couple of days.

We are monitoring shipping timeframes with our worldwide partners, as the situation continues to evolve. Your NuraLoops need to be air freighted in batches to our regional warehouses before being shipped to your door. Currently, we estimate the vast majority of you should receive your NuraLoops by mid-May.

I will send another update at the end of the month. Expect to receive an email from us in the next two weeks asking you to confirm your shipping and contact details. To help our team during this time, please wait to receive the confirmation email before reaching out to update your details.

While the situation around the world now with COVID 19 is far from over, I hope that this little bit of good news can make your day today.

As always, if you’d like to get in touch with our team with any questions or concerns, you can do so here.

Not sure I’m of the same opinion. Smells like a shortage of loo paper. Too many excuses. I’ve written it off. My first dip into this kind of transaction.  If it eventually eventuates I’m happy to be surprised. 

I got the email too. I'm surprised that if there are 10,000 made that there hasn't been any distributed.

I wonder whether the packaging, or the manuals, or some other bit hasn't been made.

I hope some units get out to 'influencers' and 'reviewers' sooner rather than later.

I am surprised that it will take 5 weeks to deliver what is being made out as stuff alraedy made.

In 5 weeeks, they will make another 10,000 units, perhaps 14,000 units. That makes 20,000 plus units.

Still, worse things are going on.  Looking forward to a delivery before the one year anniversary of the original payment.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Benje said:

I hope some units get out to 'influencers' and 'reviewers' sooner rather than later.

Being a Melbourne based company, we have met with Nura a few times. We were promised an early review sample, but those communications have now fallen over since a number of key staff who were our contacts all moved on from Nura late last year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Monk said:

So I got my 'confirm your shipping address' email. 

Let's see how long it takes now.  :lol:

Me too... fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, my NuraLoops arrive next week.  They were in Australia Post Chullora NSW this morning.

Just got to get across the border into SA.......

Looking forward to them arriving, and seeing what the experience of others has been when they arrive.

Benje

My nuraloop arrived today...... I was very happy but after I did the installation the left earbud does not recognize the dial and tap commando's..... the right earbud works fine..... I send them an email to notify them about this problem...... I hope they can fix it