Nura / Denon PerL Headphones Owners & Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Monk said:

Their website now says if you ordered before May 29th it's September, otherwise it's October.

Let's see what actually happens.

Awesome, I ordered May 19. 

• Administrator

Unfortunately the delivery of NuraLoop orders has been delayed until the end of December 2019.

The NuraLoop comprises the award-winning technology from the Nuraphone in a portable ear bud form, which involves multiple new technologies, processes and materials to achieve. We want to ensure that we create another world-first product and continue to deliver amazing musical experiences to our customers.

We’ll be updating you with further information in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Team Nura

aww I'm sorry - that's a little bit tooooo long to wait personally.

'Late December' is code in my world for, "oh, and a bit into 2020 as well"

I need a good pair of daily headphones now, and I was prepared to wait a little, but 6 months is too long (life is short). Happy to buy them later, once released, on that schedule.

In the meantime, looking elsewhere now.

• Like 2

• Administrator

I'm disappointed too, but at least they're being upfront about it.

Unlike many audio-tech kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns I've backed.

Delay upon delay until they just disaappear with the money and supply nothing.

Yep totally annoyed. 3 months delay.. Not a word in between the pre-order waiting. Approaching the first batch shipping date.. bang.. Just an in your face message!

Too long for me to wait. I want to invest that money some place else.. then perhaps revisit once they are ready. I had been early backers for Nuraphones and am not happy with this silence.. no progress report.

they should treat us better having given them basically an interest free loan for their development. Try doing that with the bank and see what interest they slug u.

Edited by pinoyians
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So the update from yesterday was (in a text only format):

We wanted to say ‘Thank you’ for your patience while we make the NuraLoop perfect for you. Quality takes time, and we appreciate you waiting to get the best possible version of the NuraLoop.

The original design for the NuraLoop used a new concept in earphone design. It comprised a flexible printed circuit board through the cable, a world-first for earphones — but it didn't meet our exacting standards during reliability testing.

So our team worked day and night to solve the problem. Our solution has just passed the 20,000 bend-cycles test — a new durable cable replaces the braided design, and the NuraLoop now feels more a part of our family of products.

We can’t wait to share it with you and we’re still on track to deliver all pre-orders by the end of December 2019.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding,
Team Nura
PS — would anybody like to buy a braiding machine?

Guess they got a bit ahead of themselves lol.  Still, better to delay than release with a flawed product.  Assuming of course what does get released works.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was messaging with one of the representatives as I was cancelling my Nuranow subscription, tried to get some more info...

The feel I got is they're expecting the pre-orders to be sent out before December is done & dusted. Seems they are set on the design issues & now a matter of suuply.

• 3 weeks later...

All the clues are in their text. 
“We’re a small company etc..”.

Total empathy and love to them for being strict on quality, but as a consumer, I’m hearing “we’re guessing dates”. And that’s been proven out a couple of times now.
The latest “Jan/Feb/March” dates are the same: simply guesses.

There’s no more certainty now than there was 6 months ago.

@Marc

I haven't got the email yet either.

Perhaps the email is coming, or perhaps there are some orders being supplied in December (but not all orders).

I was pretty quick off the mark with my order - so I'm hopeful but waiting to be crushed with disappointment.

Benje

6 hours ago, Benje said:

Perhaps the email is coming, or perhaps there are some orders being supplied in December (but not all orders).

Read that email I posted again, I’m afraid you will be disappointed. 

While it's annoying, more so because I am so intrigued to hear/see/feel/use these things, I'm not dying or relying on them.. So, I'm ok with waiting.

Fingers crossed its not a huge let down once we actually do receive them.