Nura / Denon PerL Headphones Owners & Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Sime V2 said:

I like these the same way I can eat a $50 rib eye steak and then go to macdonalds after. 

Excellent explanation. And I’m glad someone else does this too. 

But you seem to dislike them because you also don’t like their advertising, and to me that’s nonsensical,

That and fit and sound. Have to admit, mostly the first two, although I did think the others I mentioned were better. Everything is better than Apple EarPods (stock ones), but I like their advertising most of the time.

I literally can’t hear anything else but the music with these, even a dog barking in my face

? that’s awesome. Worth it for that alone. I actually didn’t realise they had active noise cancelling. It’s like the Bose ontop of IEMs I wanted to try. 

@Mike13 actually, their active noise canceling is rubbish imo, I can hear wind noise coming through the speakers, but their passive alone is better than the competitors active (while music is playing, not necessarily when there’s silence)

I prefer to listen to speakers where possible use headphones when I want to take the music with me. I have a set of headphone for night time music listening so I don't upset the family.

I fly a reasonable amount and have done for many years. Many years ago I bought Bose Over the Ear, then On Ear and finally Bose IEM noise cancelling headphones. I found the IEM took up less space and are less restrictive when traveling. I work in a open plan office and didn't find the Bose cancelled out people talking loudly or general office noise that well.

I find I wear nura phones when I need to get something done and need to block everything out, or simply want to block everything out.

With all the information out there I set out to buy a pair and I just received my set today.

The only pairs that I can compare them with are the Bose QC35 and B&W P7's which I've owed and currently own.

My personal opinion is that the nura phones win hands down.  My only gripe was that it took me so long to set up as the software kept telling me it wasnt a tight fit (when performing the set up your meant to place the set above your ears in what is meant to be as air tight as possible).  Also I had problems with my laptop in setting the device up which is unrelated to the product.  Once I had the set up performing well I was able to perform an AB test with the B & W's and my sons' Bose QC35 and yes the auras won hands down on my listening.  

I was listening to some laid back music by Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu, some disco house and some netflix movies.

The  sound stage sounded very real with the mid range beautiful to listen to.

I read that the bass can be alittle too deep which I took into consideration when setting the 'front rear' setting.  The closer to the' front' sets the bass deeper which I initially found uncomfortable to listen to.  My initial preferred setting was alittle to the left off the middle. Afterwards I readjusted the settings to slightly more bass as I was surprised how little bass came out.

I also noticed before purchasing my pair that coupon discounts for the nuraphone existed and found a site that gave me $100 off but postage was around $60 so effectively i received around $40 off the price.  

Although my listening has been less than a couple of hours the difference was notable to the two aforementioned models.   I would just need to emphasis that setting up the aura's is an important process.

Anyway as they say to each to there own.

regards to all

I totally agree that it is a hype. Nura runs a booth in Melbourne central station, I think in the first floor. I tried it and I was really confused about its purpose. For IEMs, the most important purpose is portable, IEMs trade off the form factor for portable purpose. On the other hand, Full-size headphones focus on comfortable and sound quality. Nura fails in both of them, they are not as comfortable as the full-size because of the in-ear nozzle in it, and it is also trouble to use because you can not fold it. Wearing it on your neck is very strange, so it also fails on the portable side. The sound? I can say it is so so for $500 headphone, there are a lot better options for that price and for noise cancellation, I am much preferred sony 1000xm3 over it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Long B Nguyen said:

I am much preferred sony 1000xm3 over it.

I bought a pair of these and sold them the next day on gumtree at a $200 loss, so there ya go ;)

Nura’s are a completely different fit, takes more than a booth session to get into them. 

9 hours ago, Long B Nguyen said:

I am much preferred sony 1000xm3 over it.  

I have the 1000xm2 and I thought the sound quality was much better. Bass from Nura’s would probably be better if I could find the right level.

• Administrator

You know this tech (adaptive sound profiling) exists in other brands right? Nura was not the first.

With their heavy weight, many user's reporting that their ears get hot, and an uncomfortable In-ear-prod plus an over-ear shell, I just don't get the hype!

If it's about the sound, then check these out: https://www.stereo.net.au/news/beyerdynamics-aventho-wireless-headphones-are-smart

I've been using the Aventho Wireless for a year now for all my travel and commute. 

Set up your hearing profile via the MIY app, and away you go. Mr.Jones has never sounded so good (to me!).

Lightweight, portable, wireless, aptX HD, long battery life, fantastic sound. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

It’s a pity I can’t demo those Beyer’s in Canberra.  

Maybe have a chat to Miranda or @Audiotech Canberra (our two supporting Retailers in Canberra) and see if they're willing to get a pair in for you.

Can't hurt to ask.

I tried these, sound wise they are quite good, I quite liked the clear highs, and bass was quite thick (can adjust it) but I did find a bit of a gap between the two, but still good sounding headphones overall albeit overpriced. The thing I didn't like was the in ear part combined with a rubber like seal as the headphone itself, don't think I could last long with the current fitment design....

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, candyflip said:

I’m joining in. Love the idea and these make sense for my needs. ✔️

I’m hanging for mine ?

• 2 weeks later...

It’s either the current purchased ones shipping then, or it’s delayed. 

39 minutes ago, candyflip said:

Too successful?