2 minutes ago, lycos said:

I put my order just after Christmas and still waiting for delivery. I try not to open SBAF at all - otherwise, I will grow impatient 😅

Does anyone in SNA have SW51+?

More like does anyone in Australia have a SW51+ :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

minunat    

He is shadey like A2As B-Stock specials.   Dont tell anyone, but I think A2A B-Stock is just Neil's returns.

Shootout #2 Previous caveats apply: Gustard A22 vs Sonnet Morpheus So, the Sonnet comfortably saw off the Giesler Kompakt in tonality, imaging and depth, albeit close though. The A22 is

7 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

More like does anyone in Australia have a SW51+

I messaged Zampotech before I put an order and it seems there are several people in Aust have them. 

He didn't mention who though.

Sleeper agents.

Bunch of people on Head-Fi (and SBAF) active that haven't even heard of SNA. Up until recently, its beem pretty focussed on the speaker side of things, starting to get some headphone chat going though aren't we.

29 minutes ago, lycos said:

I put my order just after Christmas and still waiting for delivery. I try not to open SBAF at all - otherwise, I will grow impatient 😅

Does anyone in SNA have SW51+?

Haha, gonna be a bit more of a wait! He says July/Aug, but I'll be happy if I have one by Christmas this year!

4 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Then you don't want neutral and dry :P

What I'm hoping to get out of a neutral / dry amp like a Valhalla 2, Hagerman Tuba, SW51+ (couple more, but those were what's in my price range) is pretty much a poor mans ZMF Pendant. Just a touch more bass slam and extra stage, all I really want out of my Aeolus.

I heard those 789 / THX stuff sounds excellent, like a glass, but perhaps a bit dead sounding. Which is different from my preferences, I went halfway down that path and wasn't too happy with my purchases.

Edited by ColdsnapBry

Feliks Echo 2 too much ?

The SW51+ will probably be good, people rave on about it.

Eric McChanson's micro headphone amp that he sells on eBay is like that too. Just super clean, good value.

Just now, Bengineer said:

Feliks Echo 2 too much ?

The SW51+ will probably be good, people rave on about it.

Eric McChanson's micro headphone amp that he sells on eBay is like that too. Just super clean, good value.

Feliks Echo 2 was def on the list, but I talked to two owners who had an Aeolus and they preferred it out of the Tuba or SW51+.

Yea, who knows! If I do enjoy it, I'm probably not the best point of reccomendation on it, as this will be my first tube amp. If it fails, I'll probably get a Tuba.

Just now, lycos said:

Jot 2?

Yea that too, or even Jot 1. I think Jot 1 almost falls into the preference a bit better. I think eventually I'll have a tube setup and a Jot 1 or 2, as I can run tubes RCA and Jot 1 balanced off my Bifrost 2.

2 minutes ago, ColdsnapBry said:

Feliks Echo 2 was def on the list, but I talked to two owners who had an Aeolus and they preferred it out of the Tuba or SW51+.

Yea, who knows! If I do enjoy it, I'm probably not the best point of reccomendation on it, as this will be my first tube amp. If it fails, I'll probably get a Tuba.

If the SW51+ doesn't work out maybe aim a bit higher. Tuba is meant to be good too, again though, sort of low numbers hype by the same sort of people. McChanson is turning some of his 300B and KT88 speaker amps into headphone ones. Bottlehead Mainline. That one recently on the forums, Dragon HA1 etc.

See how you go, I'd think you'd be happy with the SW51+. Even though has no Cat.

1 minute ago, Bengineer said:

If the SW51+ doesn't work out maybe aim a bit higher. Tuba is meant to be good too, again though, sort of low numbers hype by the same sort of people. McChanson is turning some of his 300B and KT88 speaker amps into headphone ones. Bottlehead Mainline. That one recently on the forums, Dragon HA1 etc.

See how you go, I'd think you'd be happy with the SW51+. Even though has no Cat.

So many amps I'd like to get a listening experience on! We shall see. I showed my partner the cat, she's a cat fan, she said no it looks like a bad 90s tattoo, haha.

4 hours ago, ColdsnapBry said:

What I'm hoping to get out of a neutral / dry amp like a Valhalla 2, Hagerman Tuba, SW51+ (couple more, but those were what's in my price range) is pretty much a poor mans ZMF Pendant. Just a touch more bass slam and extra stage, all I really want out of my Aeolus.

I heard those 789 / THX stuff sounds excellent, like a glass, but perhaps a bit dead sounding. Which is different from my preferences, I went halfway down that path and wasn't too happy with my purchases.

You need Class A. 

Questyle CMA600i, Asgard 2/3, Rebel Amp, Rupert Neve Fidelice headphone amp etc. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Aeolous sounded dope off the V281. F.Y.I.

From my understanding v280 is v281 without preamp. Is it correct?

Drop has it for U$1400 at the moment.

I assume it's a step up from Burson Soloist?

Yes, same amplification. The 281 just adds that pre-amping functionality for speakers etc, and you can opt for a built in DAC too.

Its a warmish solid state. Gives real heft and authority to anything you plug into it. Loved it.

• Thanks 1

V281 has a bit more power

gain levels may be a little different too

See manuals for those answers

though v280 is not a preamp as such you can change the rca inputs into outputs. So it works as a pass through. Just change the jumpers inside - very easily done. But you can’t control volume via the v280 on that pass theough

• Thanks 1

Other things to consider re the v280 (having already done this myself) after the usd to aud paypal conversion add another $88 import fee then 10% and then 5% tax

it will add up when it gets into the country, if sent here from drop

about $2250 aud or so

If you sell it, even quickly, you will most likely lose about a 1/3 in value straight away. I sold mine for about $1500 from memory and it was mint and less than 3 months old. 

• Like 1

New u12t for $1250?

Seems to good to be true?

The person sold previous 2. Why would anyone have 3x u12t?!

No paypal option. Will ebay give some protection?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/64-Audio-u12t-IEM-Brand-New-/224338741399?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Edited by lycos
3 minutes ago, lycos said:

New u12t for $1250?

Seems to good to be true?

The person sold previous 2.

No paypal option but surely ebay will give some protection?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/64-Audio-u12t-IEM-Brand-New-/224338741399?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Are there any known counter-fits out there?

6 minutes ago, BlueOceanBoy said:

Yep

Ah yeah. I remembered to be asked driver license and bank details.

This can be a legit ads then.

Ebay has seller driver license and bank details.

Even if a hacker managed to get access to the seller account, the bank details will be the actual seller.

They payment will go to the actual seller.

So the hacker won't be able to steal any money.

But too many red flags..

Edited by lycos

Since eBay started this “ebay plus” that seems very limited in sellers, or at least for product that i seek, ebay has become almost irrelevant to me. And when they send emails with, say, 10% off I don’t even bother opening them anymore since it only concerns ebay plus sellers (at least the last few times that i checked)

but i have no idea how their business model is going overall particularly at a time when retail store online business has boomed and since my wife has gone to town on etsy creative / craft stuff. 

i used to say i work from home. I seem to be more of a concierge service - here to sign off on my wife’s frequent deliveries (and if course the odd piece of audio equipment)

Ladies. Clearing my gear out as part of a head-fi detox. PM me if you interested. Can bundle things, or throw in some cables or something.

Meze Empyrean

Sony MDR-Z1R

Sony 507 DAP

Fiio BTR5

64 Audio U12T

CMA Twelve

Beyerdynamic MMX300 Gen 2 (DT770 with boom mic attached)

Cables. Various and plentiful.

• Like 1

How have I missed this thread?

has anyone tried the Cayin c9. I rang one of the Australian stockists who said he’d sold about a dozen. A portable amp only with 3.5SE, 4.4 balanced interchangeable inputs and outputs. Tube/SS and class A or ab. 

• Like 1