1 minute ago, BlueOceanBoy said:

Get @Bengineer to make you a new one! Choose all of the fancy cabling with added pixie dust!

Yeh, I probably will.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

minunat    

He is shadey like A2As B-Stock specials.   Dont tell anyone, but I think A2A B-Stock is just Neil's returns.

Shootout #2 Previous caveats apply: Gustard A22 vs Sonnet Morpheus So, the Sonnet comfortably saw off the Giesler Kompakt in tonality, imaging and depth, albeit close though. The A22 is

If you salvage any of the jacket it'll just keep doing it. Reached that age.

At its core it wouldn't be anything fancy as far as wire goes. Even some of the most expensive cans come with basic wire.

If you can salvage the connectors into the cups, save yourself $70 or so there. They aren't cheap. And the Amp end might be able to save that, but decent ones only $10 anyway. And wire itself, I'd think a basica Mogami or Canare would sound the same, $5-6 per metre.

But cup connectors, try nurse them free. They are the most expensive part of that cable. If you can cleanly remove the sleeving too you could reuse that.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Yetiman said:

@Bengineer 

DARKVOICE 337SE DUAL TUBE HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER | Headphones & Earphones | Gumtree Australia Brisbane South West - Mount Ommaney | 1266592724

Don't know if this is something you'd be interested in, He's up your way and said he's very Neg..

Poor guy been trying to sell that for a year hahah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bengineer said:

If you salvage any of the jacket it'll just keep doing it. Reached that age.

At its core it wouldn't be anything fancy as far as wire goes. Even some of the most expensive cans come with basic wire.

If you can salvage the connectors into the cups, save yourself $70 or so there. They aren't cheap. And the Amp end might be able to save that, but decent ones only $10 anyway. And wire itself, I'd think a basica Mogami or Canare would sound the same, $5-6 per metre.

But cup connectors, try nurse them free. They are the most expensive part of that cable. If you can cleanly remove the sleeving too you could reuse that.

I understand what you're saying, might as well try and save the connectors and start fresh.

Leave it with me for now, I'll shoot you a message when the time comes.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

It's his d i c k in a box

Oh man, dont ruin the surprise.

@Bengineer knows cause he received one in the past.

3 minutes ago, bruc3 said:

Oh man, dont ruin the surprise.

@Bengineer knows cause he received one in the past.

Pretty sure I've sent you something I made with my own hands. You've yet to send me anything.

4 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Pretty sure I've sent you something I made with my own hands. You've yet to send me anything.

I dont have any talents, so got nothing for you.

If I ever buy the ADX5000, I will send to you to review and you can compare to your Empyrean.

1 minute ago, bruc3 said:

I dont have any talents, so got nothing for you.

If I ever buy the ADX5000, I will send to you to review and you can compare to your Empyrean.

Lacks bass. Build is just ok. No carbon fibre. B+

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Mightygrey said:

I have this one the way. Ought to be interesting. 

image.png.c2a4571b3ebb53a22a5975474f2d9246.png

Expensive mofo too

36 minutes ago, Mightygrey said:

I have this one the way. Ought to be interesting. 

image.png.c2a4571b3ebb53a22a5975474f2d9246.png

Super interested to get your thoughts on this please. Gets great reviews, interesting design and legacy from Rupert. Nice desktop solution.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BlueOceanBoy said:

Super interested to get your thoughts on this please. Gets great reviews, interesting design and legacy from Rupert. Nice desktop solution.

Watch this space! 

On 17/03/2021 at 1:36 PM, Bengineer said:

Poor guy been trying to sell that for a year hahah

I wouldn't laugh too much, your Cascade's may break that record. Terrible Headphone.

Edited by Metal-Fan
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Metal-Fan said:

I wouldn't laugh too much, your Cascade's may break that record. Terrible Headphone.

Throwing shade out of the blue, watch out.

Slept in this morning as I was so tired after the mega canjam meetup we had yesterday, was a terrific day as expected and shared with awesome group of people.

Just wanted to say big thanks once again to @peppy for arranging this get together, he booked a perfect sized private room in a club for us all and put alot of effort to get it all put together.

A big special thanks also to @Indie Hi-Fi and @Geoff@HeyNow Hi-Fi for both going through the trouble of flying to Sydney and bringing so much gear with them just so all of us hobbyists could audition gear we would likely never get to demo otherwise.

I probably did not spend enough time with the range of different gear available to really make a valid comment.

But I would say the combo I enjoyed the most on the day would have had to be the Aeolus paired with McChanson 300b using the speaker taps. I will steal the words from @peppy and say the sound just became more "focused" with that amp and a very forward sound that is truly great for vocals. If the damn thing wasn't so huge and only made for speakers, I would likely buy it. Wonder if McChanson makes a smaller headphone amp that produces the same sound.

Anyway, @Indie Hi-Fi was very kind and let me take home the Aeolus for further enjoyment and evaluation, so if I am keen maybe I will post further impressions later.

One thing I can say is, I enjoyed the Aeolus the most out of all ZMF lineup. Probably would get thrown into the pit of fire if I posted that on Headfi forums, but there I said it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Aeolus is probably the most loved ZMF, plenty of people are on board with you there mate. Might be your ZMF ;)

• Like 1
On 17/05/2019 at 7:13 AM, Benjet said:

More headphones the better although if want to keep your collection down, I would pick just one and then get something totally different. I have HD650, HD600 and Utopia. I’m hunting for a good inexpensive pair of HD800 and maybe some HE 1000 v2. That would round out my collection nicely.

What would be considered inexpensive? 

Anyone happen to be in Wellington and have a Bifrost 2? I'm real curious to hear it, before I drop the $$$$ from Addicted 2 Audio..

On 21/03/2021 at 10:48 AM, Abseilads said:

What would be considered inexpensive? 

I ended up finding a pair of NOS HD800. Paid $1100 for them which I feel was a pretty good price. Sold the Utopia and HD600 and couldn’t be happier.

Drop is one of those companies I'll never buy from them. I fundamentally disagree with the way they do business now adays.

On 23/03/2021 at 6:47 PM, Benjet said:

I ended up finding a pair of NOS HD800. Paid $1100 for them which I feel was a pretty good price. Sold the Utopia and HD600 and couldn’t be happier.

Really like my HD800, don't need much more that that personally.

I have HD800S and its debatable whether its really 'better'

Both sound nice but the original has a touch more magic with my current sources.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, eLicky said:

Really like my HD800, don't need much more that that personally.

I have HD800S and its debatable whether its really 'better'

Both sound nice but the original has a touch more magic with my current sources.

Same here - maybe I’m biased because i set my system up for it and because i already own it but i prefer the hd800 from the hd800s that i have only demoed. 

• Like 1

I find the HD800S very source specific.

Run off high gain, on m11 Pro 4.4 balanced it has a lean, neutral to bright, mildly sparkly sound with beautiful detail. It is driven satisfactorily although not at it's best. Splitting hairs perhaps?

On the WA11 Topaz, you wouldn't think this was a HD800S. There is an immediate warm, richness to the sound the different DAC/Amp brings. 

I really enjoy it. And which I plug it into depends on the music I'm listening to. 

I haven't had the 800S long. But I'm pretty happy with it.

It's the most chameleon headphone I've tried. Dramatic changes depending on Amp. To me it always sounds trademark HD800 still though. If I owned one I'd definately have to run it off a real warm OTL tube amp 

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you lovely people thinking of unloading a Schiit Mjolnir 2, Valhalla 2, Bifrost 2 or Gugnir? Maybe I can convince ya ?.

• Like 1

6 foot.

Just long enough to get me into trouble. 

my second preference is 1.82m

Edited by Ccollins
  • Haha 1

I am happy with 1.7 cm but i call it 1.8 cm

But then again i always add 4 inches when quoting any of my length measurements

Edited by Ccollins
  • Haha 2