2 minutes ago, Yetiman said:

Your a lucky man Ben Very nice bro, I just got a pair of Fostex th900mk2 Very nice I would say a little bit bright but I love them..

The Red is gorgeous..

Touch up that top end with some EQ and they do shine. I liked the Sapphires. Haven't heard red!

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

minunat    

He is shadey like A2As B-Stock specials.   Dont tell anyone, but I think A2A B-Stock is just Neil's returns.

He1000se arrived and I've been listening for an hour. Initial thoughts are that this is my kind of headphone. Imaging and soundstage stood out but so are details and clarity. Bass is not as pronounced

Who's on the HP's now I'm listening to some Marcus King with the new th900mk2 some say there a bit bright I think there spot on with songs like this the guitar solo's are fantastic you can hear every pluk of the strings super quick and crisp .....

Edited by Yetiman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Suopermanni said:

Have obtained Adorama limited edition He6ses!

These have been on my mind for a while - fell in love with them when I listened to them at A2A. How did you manage to get them here? I think Australian shipping wasn't an option on their site last I checked.

Edited by virtua
1 minute ago, virtua said:

These have been on my mind for a while, how did you manage to get them here? I think Australian shipping wasn't an option on their site last I checked.

Using a parcel forwarding service.

Just now, Suopermanni said:

Using a parcel forwarding service.

Which one do you recommend? I might do the same next time they come up on sale hopefully !

5 minutes ago, virtua said:

Which one do you recommend? I might do the same next time they come up on sale hopefully !

I've only used Auspost's Shopmate so far. They're not cheap as you pay by cubic measurements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suopermanni said:

I've only used Auspost's Shopmate so far. They're not cheap as you pay by cubic measurements.

Thanks for that, I might have to look into it and other options for sure to see which works best. Would be keen to hear what you think of the HE6SE's as well :) Last time I heard them I couldn't believe the dynamics and slam on them, the microdetail too

Edited by virtua
7 hours ago, Suopermanni said:

I've used MYUS.com in the past - they used to have better shipping rates with FedEx than Auspost who tend to use USPS - whom I avoid like the plague. They give you a US shipping address and accept AUS CC. They update tracking etc and you can "store" items you receive and they can box them all up to save shipping if you're doing shopping from multiple sites.

• Like 3

Anyone considering a cheap Empyrean or other "open box" item at HeadAmp, I have a $50 USD voucher that will go  unused. Let me know.

14 minutes ago, Suopermanni said:

Here are some photos of the HE6se I just bought!

20210310_113714_HDR.jpg

You won’t get anywhere with your IV line kinked like that!

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, sakabatou said:

You won’t get anywhere with your IV line kinked like that!

Have to wait for my custom cable to be finished before I can discard this one. Currently have to use it as I have no other cable.

Went over a mates house this morning a couple of coffees & Croissant later and I'm off home with a new toy Matt is a Great bloke .. It's in it's temporary position till I make/weld-up a new stand for it.. Exceptional sound very punchy, Strong fast bass clear & silky smooth, Love it...

20210313_173947~3.jpg

Edited by Yetiman
  • Like 2
On 11/03/2021 at 11:10 PM, Suopermanni said:

Here are some photos of the HE6se I just bought!

20210310_113645_HDR.jpg

20210310_113714_HDR.jpg

20210310_113640_HDR.jpg

Cable hurts my eyes!

What one did you end up going with?

28 minutes ago, Yetiman said:

Went over a mates house this morning a couple of coffees & Croissant later and I'm off home with a new toy Matt is a Great bloke .. It's in it's temporary position till I make/weld-up a new stand for it.. Exceptional sound very punchy, Strong fast bass clear & silky smooth, Love it...

20210313_173947~3.jpg

I see you still have your Artemis. Are enjoying it? Must be well burned in by now ?

Yeah mate the Artemis is a great HP amp but never had a Tube amp so thought I'd give it a go...

1 minute ago, Yetiman said:

Yeah mate the Artemis is a great HP amp but never had a Tube amp so thought I'd give it a go...

Nice one, why not ?. An Artemis is my next amp purchase.

It's a great Amp bro I have it matted up with the Pontus and it sounds fantastic super smooth chocolaty and lush it's reviewed as a Tubey sound signature warm side of neutral hence the purchase of the 339i and I would say the reviews are spot on..

• Like 1

That's my plan for the Artemis. Last in the play back chain after my Hermes DDC and Pontus ?

Edited by Niktech
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Cable hurts my eyes!

What one did you end up going with?

Got @Bill125812to make me a cable using the Western Electric cables he has.

• Like 2

Enjoy @Yetiman. Was great meeting you in Canberra. Come and visit me in my Greenway accommodation a few weeks later. My 'studio' is set up . ?

I will Matt,

Im listening to it now and yes it was great meeting you too your a great bloke and a wealth of knowledge Thanx again my friend..

Aww Shane, I'm but a very ordinary bloke and I've retired from giving impressions. These days I just want to listen to music with either Elekit combo or Oblivion with Yggdrasil and my 2 headphones. Btw that silver balance Audeze cable that you pass to me sound amazing with my LCD-3f. Thanks very much mate. Consider it sold ! ?

When I met you for the first time on Sat morning, I could not help but smile because you've such a friendly disposition. I have just met another very good friend. ?

• Like 1

Do you think a HD800 cable could be re-terminated above the y-spilt?

The rubber has cracked on one side exposing the wiring, some would remember I patched it up with heat-shrink today it happened again on the same side right below the connector.

More heat shrink for now but just curious if its possible to do something with it?

• Like 1

Yeah. Always fixable!

Photo?

Be careful trying to remove the HD800 connector. Last ones I had to reterminate were filled with hot glue and despite best efforts, didn't survive. Thankfully they were to be binned, but I was hoping I could salvage.

7 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Yeah. Always fixable!

Photo?

Be careful trying to remove the HD800 connector. Last ones I had to reterminate were filled with hot glue and despite best efforts, didn't survive. Thankfully they were to be binned, but I was hoping I could salvage.

I'll get some clear shots tomorrow (bad lighting atm).

Basically what I'd like is just remove the connectors and reuse them if possible and replace all the rubber wiring from above the y-spilt join,

The cable will eventually toast anyway so it could be a cool experiment. 

Yeah. Give it a go.

If the connectors are filled with glue, you have two methods.

If you can unscrew it still, just pump it with high concentration of isopropyl. Leave it a minute then the glue will crumble away when you pick at it 

If you can't unscrew it. Heatgun until glue melths then try unscrew. Obviously need something grippy you can use tondo that whilst the connector is hot and the glue is melted.

If no glue, easy win!

Redo the wire in paracord or heatshrink. 

• Like 2

Hmmm shame it aint black. Wonder if it's different to the pro at all. Impedance will prob only be 35ohm too dang it.

Edited by Tarzan

You would think so, they certainly touted a difference between the 2 this time.

I'm getting a bit confused with Focal's lineup. So not so Clear! Feel like they're doing a lot of sub segments like a sporty SUV coupe type approach. No new technology as such, so creating sub brands. Still waiting for a new Utopia/Stellia.

• Like 1

It's the Clear 2 basically.

What would be interesting is if they actually made the Clear MG Pro and Clear MG differently tuned this time. The Clear MG Pro has been reviewed as a bit lean. A good Pro headphone.

Leads me to think surely the Clear MG *needs* to be tuned differently for people to actually buy it for enjoyment.

Elegia has been replaced. Clear has been replaced. Next in line is Utopia!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

What would be interesting is if they actually made the Clear MG Pro and Clear MG differently tuned this time.

I think I read somewhere that this was the case.

Can't remember the source though, so I can't prove I'm not talking out of my a$$

Here's a picture of my HD800 cable.

2046624939_download(1).thumb.jpg.e515a9bdf55c7033bdcfafc9562d7b4e.jpg

I think the cable is around 10-years old? And the rubber its just tired and cracks easily.

You can see one repair I did half way and the other occured yesterday directly beneath the connector.

Atm, I'm just going keep using it and heat shrink as needed because its sounds great, I don't need any changes.

But eventually maybe I can send it off to Bengineer and we can rewire both sides above the y-spilt.

289691991_download(2).thumb.jpg.1e07ef9b677f13913ec909334fd44088.jpg

Edited by eLicky