General Headphone Chat

SLT ... Do they have a shop.?

AVone says they will have one he560 for auditioning soon..but how soon is soon.

Head direct in US also don't have a delivery date..

Demo samples on the way, probably here by next week if no delays.

Will keep you posted once it arrives.

SLT

Guest durianlover88

Will be waiting for a flagship combined dynamic and electrostatic amp model to be released in the next couple months, as I still retaining my LCD3

• 2 weeks later...

I join the SR-009 bandwagon today.

Dedicated flight to Narita just to buy Stax....Fujiya AVIC sold their store's only unit AFTER I booked my flight.  Go hunting store after store, damn lucky to be able to found a shop with ready stock.....damn difficult to find.  I thought I wasted my day trip to Tokyo and fly back empty handed already, like the last time I visited Tokyo in April last year. Wife not with me so I can aggressively hunt shop after shop.  After securing the headphones I went to Shibuya spend 3 hours shopping at Tower Records.  I really miss Tower Records.

And of course enjoyed some sushi.

Akihabara's tomorrow.

(Audio)

Will be waiting for a flagship combined dynamic and electrostatic amp model to be released in the next couple months, as I still retaining my LCD3

Wah... which manufacturer is that? Not Justin, Craig or Ray I assume?

Am a newbie on headfi. Just purchased a LCD 2.2 and a kind friend loan me a Musical fidelity xcanv3 tube headphone amp. Tried using the headphone jack on mytek dac but it sounded under driven. Is that a common observation as I was told that mytek dac have lots of juice on their headphone outlet?

Am a newbie on headfi. Just purchased a LCD 2.2 and a kind friend loan me a Musical fidelity xcanv3 tube headphone amp. Tried using the headphone jack on mytek dac but it sounded under driven. Is that a common observation as I was told that mytek dac have lots of juice on their headphone outlet?

Hi, congrats on your new purchase. I also have mytek dac and use it with Sen HD650 and v-moda 100 for normal listening.

I had tried Hifiman HE-500 on the mytek dac, the sound was acceptable but not to the full potential of the HE-500.

For "serious" listening I use the mytek as dac and connect to my amp.

I would suggest that you get a dedicated headphone amp and use the mytek as dac. BTW,  just got the Hifiman HE-560 today.

Pete, the LCD 2.2 is not difficult to drive for an ortho, but it does need juice to open up. Audeze recommends at least 1W of power for these ! The Mytek has a robust 500mw headphone stage, but more power would be welcome. The Schitt Lyr is a common pairing with Audeze cans.

Congrats Audio!! Thats an itch you 've been waiting to scratch for ages. Hope it gives you much joy- which amp you using?

I just use the Stax SRM-727A because it is solid state, just the way I like it.

I have been listening on the SR-009 on many setups, in various AV shows...Woo Audio WES, Stax SRM-007A....sounds good but a little too relax.  Then last year, at the Guangzhou AV show, they demo SR-009 with the SRM-727A....WAH LAU!!  Fast, accurate.....fantastic sound....I know what I want.  :)

(Audio)

Bought another headphones from Akihabara.....

4K, 3D, Multichannel 9.1 wireless headphone!!

Lost my earphones in Tokyo....so, took the opportunity to test the new headphones while flying back to Singapore.  Quite shiok....it is 9.1 channels wireless headphones.  The decoder box has 4 HDMI inputs for you to select source.  There is a HDMI output for you to connect to AVR. (See block box on the left) I was using the analog in the plane.  :)

http://www.sony.jp/headphone/products/MDR-HW700DS/

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-hw700ds

(Audio)

Guest durianlover88

Congrats again on a great buy...seems the Sony flagship store at 313 Somerset is not carrying this model...sigh..

hmm I know this may sound a bit strange.. anyone know of any high end ear-phones that are not in-ears?

Something like the apple ipod earphones that is non-intrusive.

I realise I can't wear IEMs for that long a period so good to have something to switch, especially for long flights.. (I prefer not to carry headphones as they are too large).