General Headphone Chat

Guest mousike

Very nice...How it compares with the TH900?

98bade27538acb2061bacab785d28cf2.jpg

b82b81cb90c6b3f46ec5bf8902448719.jpg

Massdrop exclusive [emoji173][emoji442] had a chance to chance to chat with Chan last weekend @ CanJam. Nice gentleman with a great sense of humor. Looking fwd to seeing him again @ the IT show ☺

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i do not have the TH900 - though I hope to own it some day. i guess that would then make my E-MU Teak & TH-X00 Purplehearts redundant because I wouldn't be able to justify keeping all 3. meanwhile I received my Dekoni sheepskin pads yesterday and I've fitted them on the E-MU Teak. I'm unsure about the sonic upgrade but the comfort & quality of the pads is so damn good. one thing i really like about the E-MU Teak is that the cables are detachable and I'm currently using my Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 cable with it. I like the way it sounds in this current configuration :)

that's a beautiful pic :) did you get your DAVE from Zeppelin Audio? i think that's the lowest that I've seen the DAVE go for.  did it come bundled with the stand or something?

Got the odin, dave and stand from zepp. Stand boh bundle lar and is damn ex for a hunk of alu.

But for the looks, boh bian; and just in case, wanna stack with blu mk2

Guest mousike

Still those are a nice pair of cans. I have actually swapped out the std pads on the TH900 which makes them better with the upgraded pads. There aren't much I can do unless I do something about the cables which can be a irreversible mod. That is why I am not certain I want to do this. Isn't much to complain about and it's a nice and enjoyable pair of cans.

At the same time I am  also looking at other cans versus my LCD-3 and TH900 that I own now. The HE1000 is impressive but rather pricey for a pair of cans. I am also considering maybe ZMF Eikon which seems like a good pair versus Ether C Flow? I will need to go listen to them both before I can decide. Anyone know a shop that has both available to try out?

i do not have the TH900 - though I hope to own it some day. i guess that would then make my E-MU Teak & TH-X00 Purplehearts redundant because I wouldn't be able to justify keeping all 3. meanwhile I received my Dekoni sheepskin pads yesterday and I've fitted them on the E-MU Teak. I'm unsure about the sonic upgrade but the comfort & quality of the pads is so damn good. one thing i really like about the E-MU Teak is that the cables are detachable and I'm currently using my Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 cable with it. I like the way it sounds in this current configuration :)

Still those are a nice pair of cans. I have actually swapped out the std pads on the TH900 which makes them better with the upgraded pads. There aren't much I can do unless I do something about the cables which can be a irreversible mod. That is why I am not certain I want to do this. Isn't much to complain about and it's a nice and enjoyable pair of cans.

At the same time I am  also looking at other cans versus my LCD-3 and TH900 that I own now. The HE1000 is impressive but rather pricey for a pair of cans. I am also considering maybe ZMF Eikon which seems like a good pair versus Ether C Flow? I will need to go listen to them both before I can decide. Anyone know a shop that has both available to try out?

i do have the HE1000V2 and I like the expanded sound stage & bass. it also works with my Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 cable. it's a tough fight with my Focal Utopia, which is using the stock cable. there are days when i prefer the HE1000V2 while other days i reach for the Focal Utopia.

Zeppelin Audio has the ZMF Eikon for demo I believe while E1 has the Ether Flow for demo. I really like the Ether Flow Open. it's on my wishlist.

Guest mousike

My bad, I meant the Ether Flow which is the open version. Not sure how that will compare to the ZMF. The HE1000V2 is nice and I was very impressed by what I heard. Not sure how it will play out with a tube source. I find it's already buttery smooth and any tube stage in between may be a little too much...I am using a tube source. The Focal Utopia maybe better and more dynamic but again too expensive! [emoji23]

i do have the HE1000V2 and I like the expanded sound stage & bass. it also works with my Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 cable. it's a tough fight with my Focal Utopia, which is using the stock cable. there are days when i prefer the HE1000V2 while other days i reach for the Focal Utopia.

Zeppelin Audio has the ZMF Eikon for demo I believe while E1 has the Ether Flow for demo. I really like the Ether Flow Open. it's on my wishlist.

My bad, I meant the Ether Flow which is the open version. Not sure how that will compare to the ZMF. The HE1000V2 is nice and I was very impressed by what I heard. Not sure how it will play out with a tube source. I find it's already buttery smooth and any tube stage in between may be a little too much...I am using a tube source. The Focal Utopia maybe better and more dynamic but again too expensive! [emoji23]

i've tried the HE1000V2 with my WA8 and my WA22 and I was surprised to discover just how much power the cans need in order to sing. same when I tried it with my DAVE. i could really turn the volume up on all 3 amps/ DACs when I'm using the HE1000V2. sonics wise i prefer the HE1000V2 with the DAVE the best.

• 3 weeks later...

E-Mu Purpleheart from Massdrop.

US$74.99 + US$10 shipping but had to wait 6 months.

Pretty good SQ, got fight with my Oppo PM-3. Just the build quality looks a little cheap.

Wa 6mths wait. Shipping rates reasonable. [emoji1]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

E-Mu Purpleheart from Massdrop.

US$74.99 + US$10 shipping but had to wait 6 months.

Pretty good SQ, got fight with my Oppo PM-3. Just the build quality looks a little cheap.

creative labs oem.

decent.