General Headphone Chat

• 3 weeks later...

wanted to get the ie800 but cant get myself to spend that much...

any suggestion whats the cheapest way for me to improve my current sound? Currently just using Samsung note 5 out to Klipsc X10. files are aiff

keep your ears clean. try different music app. switch to iphone. buy a used DAP or maybe something like chord mojo.

It's a little electronic sounding... lacking the warmth of natural voice / instruments. It's strengths is in abundance of details, wide soundstage n each instrument or voice having its own space in the musical performance. Doesn't collapse in complex music.

• 2 weeks later...

Attention all Headfiers!

First ever CanJam Singapore happening this weekends!

CanJam is heading to Asia for the first time, and it's taking place February 20-21 at the Pan Pacific Singapore Marina Square. This is first Head-Fi Event in Asia, so mark your calendar, clear your schedule, this is an event you don't want to miss.

First to see new product launch and mingle with brand representatives from Fostex,  Hifiman, John Frank + Rob Watt from Chord and the man himself who started it all- Jude Mansilla !

AV One is proud to bring you incredible gears, that will be making their début in Singapore first time ever, at Ocean Room 10:

Expect special promotions exclusively for the show.

1. Woo Audio launch of their Portable DAC/headphone amp combo the WA8

2. Earsonic New 9 BA drivers Flagship Earphones the SEM9 

3. Questyle Flagship Desktop Amplifier Gold Stack

4. The legendary Audeze LCD4 headphones + Chord Dave PreAmp/DAC combo

5. Mystery prototype headphone from HifiMan @ main ballroom.

Check out the video below, get your tickets, and be there for all of the personal audio goodness at CanJam Singapore 2016!

Prepare yourself for an eargasmic session at CanJam Singapore.  See you there !

More details:-

http://forums.vr-zone.com/audiophile-s-htpc-corner/3333900-canjam-engsiang-product-tease.html

http://www.head-fi.org/t/783301/canjam-singapore-2016-20-february-21-february

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

Unfortunately, we dont carry the Ether cans. Maybe I can t-loan from the kind people in SLT during the show for your audition. I hope they have extra demo units.

WA8, WA22, Hugo TT all will be available.

Will you be attending?  Show ends too early at 6pm imho. sigh..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tried them at last year's hifi show in KL. Looks good and well built but sound quality is nothing much to shout about. Thought it over-priced for their top model. One particular model is difficult to drive and even then I wasn't impressed.

I'm looking to use them on plane trips as they are fully closed and seal pretty well. might try them on for the rest of the week and return them to the apple shop in LA up the road if I don't like them. At US$400 + CA tax might end up with Bose QC25's or just use my old iPhone cable modded Shure E4C IEM's. Seems they don't sell into or ship to Singapore yet, but a few of the guys at PS Audio like them a lot. I saw a few of the MH40 model sitting on peoples desks.