General Headphone Chat

I sorta DIY-ed. I ordered the Neutrik 4 pin XLRs from a local supplier and reterminated them. With a lot of help from Mike ;)

I got these links when I posted the question in Stereo Net

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/Phoenix/ModifyEN.htm

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=neutrik+xlr&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XNeutrik+NC4MXX-B&_nkw=Neutrik+NC4MXX-B&_sacat=0

I used the 4MXX and 4FXX BAG instead of B

Guest durianlover88

Fellow head-fi Brolers, I like to ask where I could get a kgsshv amp or if someone is able to build one?

The reason is to get this amp before ordering the Stax 009. The kgsshv seems difficult to source, and seems few is offering DIY build service.

Thanks in Advance..

Guest durianlover88

Saw bro RiStaR had built one kgsshv this year....not sure if he can share how it goes, how it sounds, and whether he would be kind enough to build one for me...:)

I sorta DIY-ed. I ordered the Neutrik 4 pin XLRs from a local supplier and reterminated them. With a lot of help from Mike ;)

I got these links when I posted the question in Stereo Net

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/Phoenix/ModifyEN.htm

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=neutrik+xlr&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XNeutrik+NC4MXX-B&_nkw=Neutrik+NC4MXX-B&_sacat=0

I used the 4MXX and 4FXX BAG instead of B

Thanks for the info, but I am a bit anxious to do it myself as they are fairly pricey cans and I couldn't live with myself if I buggered it up (and chances are I would!!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest wusplay

Looking for an IEM for smartphone, like to get the easier to drive type. Now looking at some spec.

I know the impedance thing is not as straight forward,  if simplify for layman, can I assume earphone is similar to speakers, higher the impedance the friendlier?

looking at below, the 40 ohm one should be easier right?

Sony XBA 30,  12 Ω at 1 kH, 108dB/mW

Sony XBA H3, 40 Ω at 1 kH, 107dB/mW

Bro, just get the Xiaomi Piston from the Xiaomi Hongkong website and you are covered for life.  This inexpensive IEM is the budget king and beats many hi-end IEMs in term of over-all musicality.  It has also the bass to die for and guarantee no listening fatigue even after 2 hours of solid listening!!

Bro, just get the Xiaomi Piston from the Xiaomi Hongkong website and you are covered for life.  This inexpensive IEM is the budget king and beats many hi-end IEMs in term of over-all musicality.  It has also the bass to die for and guarantee no listening fatigue even after 2 hours of solid listening!!

How to order bro Francis? The HK website only delivers to HK address

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Following Francis's recommendation last time round, got a colleague to help me pick up 2 sets of the Xiaomi earphones. I have to agree for the price, they are damn good value for money.

If any bros really want to have one set, I can let go one set of mine as I bought one extra for spare. That set that I will let go will be brand new except that I have help to "run in/burn in" the earphones for 100 hours by playing the Isotek Full System Enhancer & Rejuvenation Disc through my iPod! So whoever got this can straightaway enjoy the run in sound without having to play it for 50 hours as recommended by Francis.

Interested bros PM me. Pick up will be at Suntec City during working hours or Jurong West (my home) after working hours at my convenience.

Guest durianlover88

Any bros here awaiting the arrival of the Schiit Ragnorak headphone amp? It is probably one of the most anticipated solid state integrated amp at affordable level that can also drive speakers and IEM. Headfi forum already have 60+ pages on the thread...not sure if SLT will do any launch sale for this model...still reeling from the Darblet episode... ::)