betocool

The official SNA "Avengers: Endgame" (WITH SPOILERS) thread

7 hours ago, MoveD said:

1. My problem with time travel is that it’s such an obvious and easy way out to bring everyone back from their ashes. I was hoping they have some clever ideas that makes me go wow! I never thought of that!

I did enjoy those scenes when they went back in time to retrieve the stones.

Time travel was just a plot device in order for them to connect with their previous movies. If you enjoyed it, then it worked as intended. 

22 hours ago, MoveD said:

2. Thanos was so much more interesting in Infinity Stones. Here he is back from the past and he is just mean and cruel and one note.

I think the difference/contrast was deliberate. The 'older' Thanos in IW was more seasoned and introspective, making him more likeable. Recall he said in IW that he had failed in the 'past', was he referring to his defeat in Endgame? Just before he got 'ashed', he sat down and seem to be reflecting on his situation.

I think the difference/contrast was deliberate. The 'older' Thanos in IW was more seasoned and introspective, making him more likeable. Recall he said in IW that he had failed in the 'past', was he referring to his defeat in Endgame? Just before he got 'ashed', he sat down and seem to be reflecting on his situation.

I think it makes a much more interesting story to work with the now wiser Thanos and have some other clever ideas to bring the deads back. It won’t be a terrible idea to not bring them back either. Wouldn’t it be cool to see what the world has become with or without the others with Thanos in it? Instead we are done with Thanos, chopped him off quickly. Time travel to bring everyone back and now what? The world is better than before? Isn’t the Earth or the Universe still over populated? So wars are still breaking out and the Universe still faced with shortage of food. We have just come a full circle and who is to say there won’t be a Thanos no 2 to rise up and do exactly what Thanos did?

Oh now we have a time machine, we can just do things as we wish... too easy.

I rather liked the fact that they chopped off Thanos' head in the first 20 minutes or so, that was the "so what happens now!? moment for me. I think the "villain" in this movie is more the situation the Avengers are in rather than an actual physical villainous being (Thanos, a secondary role). In this case I'd give more credit to Nebula, who was up until now just a fighting machine, but in this movie you can see how she had evolved from that to a thinking sort of being. Ooooohhhh.... feelings and all.

Almost-dead Tony Stark at the beginning, that was pretty awesome too, how they managed that, I don't know, but he did look like a very old Italian mafia boss with oversized glasses in a wheelchair, a la Robert De Niro.

Still, after some digestion, you wonder what happens with the people that reappear... they stay same young, but the ones around have grown, as in the case of Scott Lang and Casey Lang. So he's now basically 5 years younger. What about Spidey and his friends? Surely some of them had survived Thanos' snap and grown older, however, in the end, you see him hugging his Mexican wingman as if they had'nt seen each other in ages, and yet they were same old. Artistic licences I guess.

Cheers,

Alberto

What happened to loki and the guy played by paul bettany? 

Was suprised how little captain marvel.was in it and badly she fared against

Was impressed by how powerful the red witch is , good character. 

Wth was with Hawkeyes haircut? 

How awesome was new asgard 

Why didn't  ant man just grow big and squash thanos? 

End battle i thought was pretty good 

Edited by cafe67

5 hours ago, cafe67 said:

What happened to loki and the guy played by paul bettany? 

Was suprised how little captain marvel.was in it and badly she fared against thanos ? 

How awesome was new asgard 

Why did ant man just grow big and squash thanos? 

End battle i thought was pretty good 

All very valid questions.

Vision (aka Paul Bettany) had died before Thanos snapped his finger (Thanos removed the infinity stone from his head). So, he could not be brought back because the thing was to bring back the people "snapped" by Thanos. Also a reason why Black Widow did not return (and Hulk admitted having tried).

A bit of Captain Marvel was fine for me. I did not want her to steal the movie. After all, she's not an Avenger. And she got her own a few weeks back.

Cheers,

Alberto