Downsizing my home theatre setup

I'm going to be moving from a dedicated home theatre room to an apartment so I need to sell my Richter Harlequin floor standing speakers and unicorn centre for a mini system or book self speakers.  Unfortunately the apartment is still  under construction  and can't get access for any pre wiring.  Any recommendations for a decent  speakers.  I have a Yamaha RX A1050 receiver.

I really like those speakers.  Heard them at Clef Audio and very impressed.  Aren't they more for just music though.  How could I use a centre speaker with these as they are wireless.

28 minutes ago, xchewyrep said:

Just had a listen to Kef R3 bookshelf speakers.  These are a contender.  

could use a set of these all around including for centre speaker :) just check though you can buy them as singles...not always easy with speakers :D 

1 hour ago, betty boop said:

could use a set of these all around including for centre speaker :) just check though you can buy them as singles...not always easy with speakers :D 

Good choice, and not too crazily priced either.

Or for a cheaper solution, look for the Usher 520. The LS 50 is nice.

The Monitor Audio brand also carries something similar at a much lower price point, with a bright colored woofer.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Good choice, and not too crazily priced either.

Or for a cheaper solution, look for the Usher 520. The LS 50 is nice.

The Monitor Audio brand also carries something similar at a much lower price point, with a bright colored woofer.. 

what did you end up using pete ? as think you ended up going this ways too ? might help the OP :)

49 minutes ago, STROP said:

That would be one very expensive way of doing things. 

I know, but sometimes when you downsize a good ways to get some quality back in there is using it all around :) gotta make for what you loose some how .... 

25 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I know, but sometimes when you downsize a good ways to get some quality back in there is using it all around :) gotta make for what you loose some how .... 

Focal Dome 5.1 system is one way of getting the quality in an apartment situation, for anyone who wants high-end performance but cherishes their floor space, this system in laymen terms is 'the ducks nuts'

Just my 2c of wisdom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, STROP said:

Focal Dome 5.1 system is one way of getting the quality in an apartment situation, for anyone who wants high-end performance but cherishes their floor space, this system in laymen terms is 'the ducks nuts'

Just my 2c of wisdom.

focal has always done nice job with the domes.... first decent 5.1 setup I heard was with theirs their little sub even was pretty good quality. B&W do similar wiht the mt2 but not heard in action really to comment :)

3 hours ago, betty boop said:

what did you end up using pete ? as think you ended up going this ways too ? might help the OP :)

I'm using the 520 for the side surrounds.

I used Kefs before, nice but the treble was a bit hot..

• Like 1