Sub match for dynaudio special forties

How about a nice Rel to integrate into the system? And do those spikes come off? I thought the speakers sitting flush with the stands (even blu-tac them) gives you better bass....

Edited by blakey72
  • Like 1

Can't speak for the forties but I have a pair of Def tech supercube 1 (current model is prob the 8000) matched to a pair of C1's. They were recommended by the local Dyn dealer as the best sub to integrate.

Once I heard the magic of subs in 2 channel there is no going back regardless of a speakers frequency range or the grunt of your amps.

Why not Dynaudio subs? From 2:30 in this video they talk bout their subs and the sub 6 has filters designed specifically for Dyn speakers and your Special 40s. Rel, SVS and others are great too.

• Like 2

I bought a Dynaudio Sub 6 to go with my Dynaudio C1's and another one to go with my Dynaudio C4's (two different rooms). They're a great sub and given they have room correction and you can dial them for any Dynaudio speaker they seem the logical choice. The only drawback is they are about $3k. I have special 40's in my office and just went for a cheaper smaller sub by Q as I don't listen to them enough or loud enough to warrant a killer sub.

• Like 2

On 14/05/2019 at 10:54 PM, blakey72 said:

How about a nice Rel to integrate into the system? And do those spikes come off? I thought the speakers sitting flush with the stands (even blu-tac them) gives you better bass....

Spikes gone, $5 in blu tack on every level, speakers much more solid, thanks for the tip. I also read some users are putting acoustic panels behind speakers?....

Not at home but I had both a JL audio and a Dynaudio sub in the same box in my van. The JL went way louder but the Dynaudio sub was much more musical. I'd go for two of the smaller Dynaudio subs.