SOLD: FS: Auralic Taurus MkI Headphone Amp / Pre amplifier

Item: Auralic Taurus MkI Headphone Amp / Pre amplifier
Price: $850 plus postage
Item Condition: 9/10
Reason for selling: Ended up with two!
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Hi everyone,

I bought this on SNA two weeks ago from Snrub. It's a terrific unit- exactly as described by Snrub in his original post (see below).

But long story short.... after looking for a Taurus for quite a while I eventually ended up with two! So I'm offering this one for sale again. It's been tested and sounds superb- and includes a nice power cable as per the original listing.

Offered for the same price as before.

I'm happy to post- just contact me for a quote.

Cheers, Dom

Pictures:

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

IMG_4838.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

Edited by Domokelly
Updated photos

Auralic  .... drool

Love my auralic gear!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fcleph
      Item: Chord Mojo DAC 
      Price: $400
      Item Condition: Very good
      Reason for selling: Too many DACs
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash preferred
      Extra Info: The Mojo needs no introduction. I've had this one for a while but didn't use it much. The battery is still good as new. I'll consider posting or meeting in person in Melbourne CBD. Please PM me then we can talk.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Higgsinspace
      Item: Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amp
      Price: $170
      Item Condition: Absolutely A1 and Like new in box with plastics, ties etc.
      Reason for selling: Moving to some powered Audioengine HD3 Speakers
      Extra Info: Purchased July 2019 from addicted to Audio. Digital receipt will be supplied for warranty purposes. No DAC or pictured LOKI EQ included. I've been running from a Dragonfly Cobalt, which has been brilliant so far.

• By paulie83
      Item: Burson Audio Playmate
      Price: $750
      Item Condition: As New - Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too much audio stuff
      Extra Info: Hi. I am selling my  Burson Playmate Everest. I purchase it in February 2019 from Addicted to Audio for $1099. I have the original box and cables etc. It's in excellent condition. The playmate is an upgrade to the play and it includes the new ESS DAC and also optical in. This is the upgraded model with the silver case (The Everest), the better OP amps (V6 Vivid) and the aluminium remote . Happy to post at buyers expense. Inspection and testing welcome. Buyer will be very happy with purchase. The specs etc can be found in the link below.
      https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/burson-audio-playmate-headphone-amplifier-pre-amplifier-dac?variant=18409435332704

• By Tassie Devil
      Item: Vero 50ex Headphone Amplifier and MIT 330 0.6m stereo input cable
      Price: $1990
      Item Condition: Virtually new - used less than 8 hours
      Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements
      Payment Method: Bank Transfer
      Extra Info: Purchased on impulse as a possible upgrade.  Maybe not an upgrade but a genuine surprise to find that with unbalanced input it sounded identical to my Violextric V281 connected in balanced mode.  I was told it would "burn in" but I did not observe that in the few hours I tried it out.
      My appraisal it is as good as the Violectric is with good foundation because I had both amps going at the same time with each connected to Sennheiser HD800S headphones with the same after market cabling.  I merely changed over headphones in a matter seconds to compare the two with the AQ from classical. jazz and pop.
      So here is an amplifier for the audiophile without a balanced setup that will sound as good as a Violectric V281 in balanced mode.
      Another advantage is its small size and the fact that running on battery, heat and ventillation are not an issue.  It could even be used in portable mode away from a power point.
      I have not registered it so the buyer will have new warranty.
      The price in  the USA is $USD3000 (which is $AUD4400 before GST)for the amp so I'm selling it, virtually new, at less than half price so it is a genuine bargain with MIT input cabling thrown in.  I'm not keeping it as the Violectric is doing the same job and my main headphone listening system is set up for it - no advantage for me to keep the Vero and sell the Violectric.  And I must confess to having been lazy about selling it - it has been sitting on the shelf unused for over 12 months but it is tinme for it to go to someone as a nice Xmas present!
      You can read more detail about the amp at https://mitcables-buyersclub.com/products/vero-hca-50ex-headphone-amplifier
      Feel free to PM me with any questions.

• By lenticularis
      Item: Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid (CTH) Headphone Amp
      Price: $240 incl. postage
      Item Condition: 9/10
      Reason for selling: Recouping $
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      I've had this amplifier for about a year. 
      I've driven both Massdrop Sennheiser HD6XX and Nuraphones (corded) through it, either streaming Spotify and Tidal, or CDs played through a desktop Teac DR-L700. Recently also used with a Schiit Modi 3 DAC.

It comes with the original switched mode PSU with a US form-factor prongs.  It's my first valve-based / hybrid unit. Its character is both detailed, with a revealing soundstage, but also has that softer relaxing valve character that makes extended listening a pleasure. 
      Valve-swapping ('tube-rolling') is of course possible with this.

The fit and finish of the CTH are exemplary and its neat dimensions means that it doesn't occupy much desk-space.  The surface finish is a satin black that doesn't mark easily from fingers. 
      The connections have a quality feel also. It has both a normal 6.3mm jack and a balanced (4 pin XLR) connection.
      The original packaging is good quality and makes for easy and secure posting.

Drop (formerly known as Massdrop) current pricing is US$250 plus shipping and of cpurse the Gerry Harvey import tax (10% or so).

Useful links:
      Head-Fi link
      Massdrop link

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.s