Frank Prowse Hi-Fi

New ELAC Vela range of loudspeakers now in-store

We have been an ELAC dealer for many years - the addition of Andrew Jones to the company has certainly been a huge positive and has raised the brand's awareness to new heights. But it's the German-designed and manufactured product that still resonates with us here at Frank Prowse, and it was with high anticipation that we awaited the new Vela series - and now they are here!!!
Completely designed and built in-house at ELAC headquarters (Kiel, Germany), the visual aspect of this speaker is the biggest change ELAC have introduced in years. Tapered cabinets, glass tops and aluminium trim compliment the JET5 tweeter (now in a waveguide design) and existing driver setup. There are three core models  - BS403 (standmount), FS407 and FS409 (floorstanding) with a matching centre channel also available. All speakers come in Gloss Black or the beautiful Oiled Walnut finish, with White being available as a special order.

Come down, have a listen, a free coffee and biscuit is on offer!!

Mark

Vela1.jpg

ELAC Vela FS 409 Holz -2 - Copy-800x700.jpg

Vela4.jpg

Vela2.jpg

Vela3.jpg

Vela5.jpg

Thee look very nice, although glass tops and me do not get along. Can you tell me the price and specs of the model pictured?

I have been interested in the Elac brand for some time now and I was curious where this fits in comparison to the FS series?

Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Welcome to Stereonet, Frank Prowse Hi Fi. Nice first post.

I was  in the shop on an unrelated matter and saw these. They looked stunning in the flesh. Mind you the pictures aren't too bad either!

I was tempted to have a listen but didn't, as I recently bought the previous version FS409 and if they are anything to go by these would be definitely worth a listen if in the market.

PS When are you going to have a sale on your Luxman integrated amps? :P 

Edited by DarkNark

22 minutes ago, rantan said:

Thee look very nice, although glass tops and me do not get along. Can you tell me the price and specs of the model pictured?

I have been interested in the Elac brand for some time now and I was curious where this fits in comparison to the FS series?

Thank you.

Hi @rantan

The three models are:-

Vela BS403 - $3,695pr
Vela FS407 - $7,995pr

Vela FS409 - $11,995pr

I have attached a brochure with specs below. This range replaces the existing 400 Series (BS and FS).

Originally we werent aware it was glass! As the speakers are angled (for time alignment) nobody can rest a beer on top, which I believe is one of the most common issues round these parts!

Mark

ELAC Vela Brochure.pdf

9 minutes ago, DarkNark said:

Welcome to Stereonet, Frank Prowse Hi Fi. Nice first post.

I was  in the shop on an unrelated matter and saw these. They looked stunning in the flesh. Mind you the pictures aren't too bad either!

I wasn't tempted to have a listen but didn't, as I recently bought the previous version FS409 and if they are anything to go by these would be definitely worth a listen if in the market.

PS When are you going to have a sale on your Luxman integrated amps? :P 

Luxman pricing is quite tight, but I'm pretty sure you get special treatment @DarkNark !

On 11/05/2019 at 3:20 PM, Frank Prowse Hi-Fi said:

Luxman pricing is quite tight, but I'm pretty sure you get special treatment @DarkNark !

Hey wait, what? I thought I got special treatment? It's not special if you're giving it out to everybody!

:)

I do need a new set of main speakers at some point. Might need to take a listen to these.

38 minutes ago, kryten2001 said:

Hey wait, what? I thought I got special treatment? It's not special if you're giving it out to everybody!

:)

I do need a new set of main speakers at some point. Might need to take a listen to these.

Only you two and a few hundred more!!!! 😉

Good to see you here. Now I can hassle you via 4 different methods as opposed to 3.

Recommend any perth siders check these guys out. Rare breed of honest AND worthwhile advice. Just leave your c/cards at home until at least the second date.