Good day fellow inmates. Was wondering whether Naim has any followers here, especially in the Adelaide region.

Sistem Audio 9.jpg

Good day fellow inmates. Was wondering whether Naim has any followers here, especially in the Adelaide region.

227200092_SistemAudio9.thumb.jpg.47f538848fbd0bffd6574951627add85.jpg

Not sure what you mean by “followers”, but I have gathered quite a few Naim boxes over the years and use a Naim CDS3/ XPS2 in my main system.

Now trying to consolidate and set up an active system with a pair of Chrome bumper Naim NAP 135s, and 250s, and Olive NAC 72/ Hicap /Naxo, CDS/CDPS. Just need to get more lines of speaker cable! Intend to use it with a pair of Linn Isobariks.

I’m in Victoria!

Hi, 

I am using currently Naim XS2 with Focal Aria 936 but I wouldn't call myself "follower". 

No.

However I would like a Uniti core at some point in time if ever physical media becomes tiresome.

I used to be a follower but found my taste has changed. I have however still kept my Bolt down Nap160/C.B. 32.5/ Hicap and various after market cards as i would like my son to have it one day.
A very musical sounding classic Naim set up.

Not mine but a close mate's setup that I get to play with when I visit Sydney.

IMG_0730.JPG.jpg

IMG_0730.JPG.thumb.jpg.7844c533c22a93b76f7a6a53dffbff79.jpg
Now that is a Naim fan! What speakers is that lot powering?

16 hours ago, TOPSHELF said:
On 12/05/2019 at 7:35 PM, ols45 said:

Now that is a Naim fan! What speakers is that lot powering?

Linn Isobarikthat look like this

IMG_0731.JPG.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 11/05/2019 at 5:26 AM, s7e6e said:

Sistem Audio 9.jpg

Hi All this might be the right place then  just inherited this little gem going to set it up tonight wondering if anyone has some tips or can tell me a little more about it   nap 160 and nac 12v 

1557815448842324863839078053997.jpg

Edited by Paul k

Hi All this might be the right place then  just inherited this little gem going to set it up tonight wondering if anyone has some tips or can tell me a little more about it   nap 160 and nac 12v 
1557815448842324863839078053997.thumb.jpg.6a824aff77f2a55a0e8eec94833d8610.jpg

Wow, the Naim Nac 12s preamp and Naim Nap 160 were the combination I started off with in the 1970s. They sounded excellent and only traded them in for 32.5/ 250 in the 1980s, because I needed better capacity to drive Linn Isobariks.

Many are still using them and have a following. Have you got the Interconnect leads for them?The 12s derives it’s power from the 160.
Flashback Sales have got all the Naim type leads you might need to connect to other equipment.

Perhaps you could let us know what source and speaker you intend to use and what queries you may have.

You could also have it checked and serviced to make sure it is operating optimally.

Enjoy