Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Gadget

No audio signal from BD input on AVR

Hi guys, I'm getting frustrated with a problem that has decided to appear out of thin air. Problem is when watching a blu-ray I don't get any signal/sound when using the Blue-ray input on the AVR. If I switch to TV input on AVR (which it automatically switches to when I start the movie) then the sound is fine but obviously can't take advatage of the high res formats due to ARC limitations.

This problem was not always an issue but can't work out why it's a problem now and I've tried changing settings, even did a system reset of the AVR.

Can you guys please assist? I'm missing the enjoyment from DTS HD Master etc :(

Forgot to mention that I'm using both HDMI outputs from player due to no 4K passthrough.

Equipment is in my signature.

Suspect there is a HDMI issue.  Suggest trying another HDMI cable as a single ouput, borrow another BD player.  

Could be some damage with the input socket, trust me I know🙄

43 minutes ago, joz said:

Could be some damage with the input socket, trust me I know🙄

HDMI Input on AVR? I will bring it back to basics, single output from player to AVR and I'll turn off AVR HDMI control (I think it's called CEC?)

I guess you can skip the AVR and try every connection directly to TV, you can eliminate cables and BDP if it works. 

Got it working again but seems very intermittent.

Changed tv settings (HDMI signal format) from Enhanced to Standard and back again and AVR played the DTS Master audio.

My theory is that ARC and signal from other input for Blu-ray audio is not liking each other.

Perhaps when I get a 4k compatible AVR this problem will disappear forever.

Have had issues with ARC over the years with different AVRs. I do not use it.   

And a new 4K compatible (which is actually pass through) AVR may not solve the problem.  Unfortunately, HDMI sync problems still occur...  :sad:  

16 hours ago, Snoopy8 said:

Have had issues with ARC over the years with different AVRs. I do not use it.   

And a new 4K compatible (which is actually pass through) AVR may not solve the problem.  Unfortunately, HDMI sync problems still occur...  :sad:  

Oh great 🤔