Sign in to follow this  
ClassicalGuy

ATC SCM100 ASLTs (350w active towers)

Item: ATC SCM100 ASLTs (350w active towers)

Price: $20,000 firm

Item Condition: 10/10

Reason for selling: Different direction

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only. Courier/insurance at buyers cost.

Extra Info: When I first put these up I was selling them so I didn’t have to move them across Melbourne, but as it turned out moving them without the crates was no trouble at all, cost very little, and was completely hassle free thanks to some great movers. That being said, because I was sure I wouldn’t own them anymore I’ve already moved on with my system ideas.

They were ordered brand new by me from ATC in August 2017 via a UK dealer and delivered in December 2017. TNT delivered them into my apartment (see photographs) where they were unpacked. I have moved them once across Melbourne, but absolutely no damage was done. 

I don’t have the crates as the ATC crates were made to be completely disassembled around the speakers (it was all nails and glue, no screws). They come with quite thick blankets, and when they were moved the movers put additional blankets around them and moved them on a flatbed trolley – so it really wasn't that hard or tricky to move them. I of course have the manual, spikes, speaker grills etc.  

They sound phenomenal, but ATC has a cult following so if you’re thinking about buying these (or any other ATC product) you already know the sound and that you’re getting what you pay for.

4.png

3.png

1.png

2.png

Drool.

A mate has a set and these are seriously my dream speakers. Pretty much the most versatile speaker I've come across, able to slam and to whisper....all beautifully balanced.

37 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

Hint as to the different direction?

Once the speakers sell, I'll also move on the Hugo TT and start a fresh.

I'm thinking of going back to ATC bookshelves with a Luxman or Accuphase integrated, and adding a turntable. I've had a Clearaudio which was perfection, but I'm very intersted in the truck-like build quality of a SL-1200.

2 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Hint as to the different direction?

@djb @buddyev

That simplicity is very attractive.

Very Nice!

Go with the Luxman. Same amazing quality but 30 to 40% better value. Either 590AXII Class A (small room) or 509X for larger space. Works great with ATC SCM 11s or 19s. Cheers

Oh dear. These have triggered some serious speaker lust. Now I just need the house to match 😂

On 11/05/2019 at 5:55 AM, ClassicalGuy said:

Once the speakers sell, I'll also move on the Hugo TT and start a fresh.

I'm thinking of going back to ATC bookshelves with a Luxman or Accuphase integrated, and adding a turntable. I've had a Clearaudio which was perfection, but I'm very intersted in the truck-like build quality of a SL-1200.

Have you considered a Kenwood KD-600/650 these are fabulous direct drive turntables, check out this link:

https://liquidaudio.com.au/kenwood-kd-650-overhaul-repair-review/

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tasso
      Item: Denon AVC-A1XV
      Price: $1250
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  see attached PDF
      Photos:hfe_denon_avc-a1xv_flyer_en.pdf

• By Alpine Electrocats
      Item: Sansui Receiver 210A
      Price: $220
      Reason for selling: no longer needed
      Extra Info:

This magnificent Sansui receiver came from the ANU school of music recording studio, where it was used to drive altec monitors.(note the sticker from Canberra institute of the arts- one of many names covering the school of music over the years) It works fine- as a pro use studio amp it was very well maintained.
      One curious feature is that the tuner is AM and Short Wave (MW )

From the HIFI Engine:
      Power output: 30 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
      Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
      Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
      Input sensitivity: 3.5mV (MM), 200mV (line)
      Signal to noise ratio: 75dB (MM), 105dB (line)
      Output: 200mV (line)
      Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 16Ω
      Dimensions: 430 x 136 x 311mm
      Weight: 7kg

Postage is $30, 
      I am pricing this very reasonably- quite a way below the  eBay prices, for the benefit of SNA members. So I  am pleased that no one here would be rude enough to make a miserable offer.
      I will contribute $10 to stereonet from the sale

Pictures:

• By CorreiaTJS
      Item: Sonos ZonePlayer ZP100
      Price: $280
      Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements
      Extra Info: Prefer pickup, but can post Australia wide at buyers cost. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Galactic Soap
      Item: Rega RP8 TT + TTPSU + Funk Firm Achromat
      Price: $1400 $1,500 + Fees + Shipping 
      Item Condition: 8/10 - See description below
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

This is a relist: I original sold this TT  a forum member in April however there was a fault with the Power Supply. He returned it to me for cash. The good folk at Kimmel Electronics fixed the Power Supply fault (wiring issue) and I'm listing it again. Please note it doesn't come with the Clear Audio MM cartridge as it was found to be worn out. 

Original for sale thread can be found here: 

I flirted with the idea of getting into vinyl a year ago but due to a combination of system constraints and time-pressure it's something I decided not to explore. 

I will be using a DEQX PreMate Plus for room and speaker correction shortly. This means that in order to experience the speaker and room correction benefits of the DEQX I'll need to rely on a digital signal. While I know I can feed the DEQX the analog signal from the RP8, the fact that it will go through an analogue to digital conversion, before going through the reverse via my DAC leaves me with a little bit of cognitive dissonance. This coupled with three little, inquisitive kids about the house means I've decided to put my vinyl plans on ice. 

This particular RP8 was purchased from Audioconnection via Ebay. I paid $1,800 for it. It comes with the following additions:

-RB808 tone arm
      -TTPSU Power Supply
      -Blue Funk Firm Achromat

The turn table itself is in great condition, except for the acrylic cover. The cover has scratches and swirl marks and would need to be replaced. Ebay tells me you can get a lovely one for about $250.  Unfortunately this unit does not come with factory packaging. 

I have factored in the state of acrylic cover and the lack of packaging in the price. I think it's bit of a bargain, but hey - that's just me! 

Pictures:

• By GoudaK
      Item: Various as per below, full HT breakdown.
      Location: Tingalpa, QLD. Will post at buyers expense through pack & send.
      Price:
      1. 7.0 Dali Ikon MK2 speakers - $2000
      2x Ikon 7
      1x Vokal 2
      4x Ikon 1

Will come with the home made speakers stands as pictured if wanted (spiked bottoms).
      Click for info

2. SVS PB2000 - $900 Sold
      Click for info

3.  Niles SI-1230 - $500
      The SI-1230 is a 12-channel amplifier with 30 watts per channel RMS (80W when bridged) into 8 ohms and 40 watts per channel RMS into 4 ohms.
      Perfect for Atmos or surrounds or multi room audio.
      Click for info

4. Anthem PVA5 - $900 Sold
      Click for Info

5. Rotel RMB 1075 - $600 Sold
      Click for info

6. Integra DHC 80.3 - $500
      This is a 2nd one I own, this one was dedicated to the HT.
      On my other post people were concerned this did not support 4k, this is no problem to get around with a decent HDMI splitter (one to the screen/projector and one to the Integra)

7. Blue Jeans 7.0 LC1 RCA cables - $150
      1m cables

8. Belkin Pure AV PF60 - $250
      Great power conditioner, never let me down. Has delay startup for power amps and both audio and video filters.
      Click for more info

9. Audio rack - $free with purchase
      Home made audio rack, painted matt black with wooden shelves with anti vibration rubber mats. 

10. 120" Oz Theatre Screens Majestic CinemaScope fixed screen - $700
      Can break down for transport.
      Click for info

Item Condition: 8/10, some minor scratches on the amps/preamp from moving in and out of the rack.
      Reason for selling: Moving home and no room for dedicated HT in the new house.
      Extra Info: Auditions welcome, any questions please ask. I will do a deal if someone wants to take the lot or multiple items.
      Photos: