ATC SCM100 ASLTs (350w active towers)

Guest ClassicalGuy

Guest ClassicalGuy

Item: ATC SCM100 ASLTs (350w active towers)

Price: $20,000 firm

Item Condition: 10/10

Reason for selling: Different direction

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only. Courier/insurance at buyers cost.

Extra Info: When I first put these up I was selling them so I didn’t have to move them across Melbourne, but as it turned out moving them without the crates was no trouble at all, cost very little, and was completely hassle free thanks to some great movers. That being said, because I was sure I wouldn’t own them anymore I’ve already moved on with my system ideas.

They were ordered brand new by me from ATC in August 2017 via a UK dealer and delivered in December 2017. TNT delivered them into my apartment (see photographs) where they were unpacked. I have moved them once across Melbourne, but absolutely no damage was done. 

I don’t have the crates as the ATC crates were made to be completely disassembled around the speakers (it was all nails and glue, no screws). They come with quite thick blankets, and when they were moved the movers put additional blankets around them and moved them on a flatbed trolley – so it really wasn't that hard or tricky to move them. I of course have the manual, spikes, speaker grills etc.  

They sound phenomenal, but ATC has a cult following so if you’re thinking about buying these (or any other ATC product) you already know the sound and that you’re getting what you pay for.

4.png

3.png

1.png

2.png

A mate has a set and these are seriously my dream speakers. Pretty much the most versatile speaker I've come across, able to slam and to whisper....all beautifully balanced.

Guest ClassicalGuy
37 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

Hint as to the different direction?

Once the speakers sell, I'll also move on the Hugo TT and start a fresh.

I'm thinking of going back to ATC bookshelves with a Luxman or Accuphase integrated, and adding a turntable. I've had a Clearaudio which was perfection, but I'm very intersted in the truck-like build quality of a SL-1200.

Very Nice!

Go with the Luxman. Same amazing quality but 30 to 40% better value. Either 590AXII Class A (small room) or 509X for larger space. Works great with ATC SCM 11s or 19s. Cheers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/05/2019 at 5:55 AM, ClassicalGuy said:

Once the speakers sell, I'll also move on the Hugo TT and start a fresh.

I'm thinking of going back to ATC bookshelves with a Luxman or Accuphase integrated, and adding a turntable. I've had a Clearaudio which was perfection, but I'm very intersted in the truck-like build quality of a SL-1200.

Have you considered a Kenwood KD-600/650 these are fabulous direct drive turntables, check out this link:

https://liquidaudio.com.au/kenwood-kd-650-overhaul-repair-review/