Truth or Snake oil

5 hours ago, Muon N' said:

MACHINA DYNAMICA is well known in the hifi world as just silliness, critique of their silly products has been circulation for a long long time.

There are always something useful that can be learnt from their products

Guest Muon N'
17 hours ago, jeromelang said:

There are always something useful that can be learnt from their products

Not a reflection on those that want to use the products, just on the products themselves, people can use whatever they like and I'm OK with that as that is their choice.

Edit: you might notice that I do not post any product in this thread with criticism, and only respond to some posted. I still believe these threads are a waste of bandwidth and only have the potential to offend some members............so a thread with zero positive benefits to the community.

Edited by Muon N'

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think if the contact with the floor is just a point or 3 or 4, (say into concrete, or a metal pad on the floor) then the vibrations cannot pass. IF the spike goes into a timber floor say 1mm, then perhaps some small buzzy vibration is conducted, pretty hard to imagine how the vibrating tip could convince the floor to vibrate with some long wave length.  Re 4 spikes not being installed on the same level, I think it is the floor that is usually not flat and 3 spikes sorts that out.

Agree that if the speaker moves, not good, but doubt tweeter mass and size would cause any rocking, certainly compared to the bigger drivers pushing against the air. Worse, panel speakers it is important to hold the frame/chassis from moving, a lot of air resistance against a "sail".

hmm maybe  my post is more serious than this thread is intended for ….. sorry about that..

There are lots of useful threads on isolation and coupling - they aren’t the same thing. Deciding what you need will depend on interaction between speakers and floor material etc and the specific problem you have. 

The spike into the floor material is actually the most efficient coupler of speaker to floor - facilitating maximum passage of energy into floor. 

If you want to stop the vibration entering floor you need to isolate the speaker using some sort of vibration absorbent material or device.

Edited by buddyev

16 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

Edit: you might notice that I do not post any product in this thread with criticism, and only respond to some posted. I still believe these threads are a waste of bandwidth and only have the potential to offend some members............so a thread with zero positive benefits to the community.

Offence is not a crime, nor is it particularly controllable, or able to be limited to suit a majority of readers, as it pertains to opinions on suitability of products.

We ALL have the right to have opinions on products, good and bad.

There are many threads commenting on the good and bad qualities here on SNA of a great many products.

I don't see how this thread is any different.

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'
17 hours ago, candyflip said:

Offence is not a crime, nor is it particularly controllable, or able to be limited to suit a majority of readers, as it pertains to opinions on suitability of products.

We ALL have the right to have opinions on products, good and bad.

There are many threads commenting on the good and bad qualities here on SNA of a great many products.

I don't see how this thread is any different.

I guess so when you look at it that way, all about the perspective taken. I was just pointing out that I do not support criticism of the people that purchase products that might attract criticism.

Defiantly not controllable, I just wonder about the motivation for threads like these.

Isn't there a benefit to somebody thinking of going down a certain path where it seems the only benefit is to the seller of a dodgy product?

Many vendors make outrageous claims and I benefit from a bit of input from other peoples opinions, good or bad.

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'
17 hours ago, rodders3 said:

Isn't there a benefit to somebody thinking of going down a certain path where it seems the only benefit is to the seller of a dodgy product?

Many vendors make outrageous claims and I benefit from a bit of input from other peoples opinions, good or bad.

From my personal experience and observation most people that consider some of these questionable products aren't going to be persuaded otherwise by random unknown people to them on the internet.

Maybe more threads will persuade them to a greater extent, maybe thread number 21 will succeed better than the previous 20 threads ;)

I’m interested in the bunny shaped Apollo vibbeater that retailers for $1300 from Entreq in Sweden. I think you put it on your speaker? Anyone tried this? What SQ improvements did you notice? Just google Apollo Vibbeater at see what comes up....

1 hour ago, Cigar nuke said:

I’m interested in the bunny shaped Apollo vibbeater that retailers for $1300 from Entreq in Sweden. I think you put it on your speaker? Anyone tried this? What SQ improvements did you notice? Just google Apollo Vibbeater at see what comes up....

Edited by Pops110

• Volunteer
36 minutes ago, Cigar nuke said:

See I reckon that might actually do something (unlike the rest of the foo sold by that company). 

But for that price, I’d rather damp my speakers with a small weight 

3 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

See I reckon that might actually do something (unlike the rest of the foo sold by that company). 

But for that price, I’d rather damp my speakers with a small weight 

A small weight won’t cut it. The “Entreq's ‘Vibb eaters’ consist largely of our own dedicated copper-based sand mixture with the addition of small quantities of, amongst other things, specific precious metals.”

You will need precious metals. I guess that is why it is 1300 schmackos...

• Volunteer
8 minutes ago, Cigar nuke said:

A small weight won’t cut it. The “Entreq's ‘Vibb eaters’ consist largely of our own dedicated copper-based sand mixture with the addition of small quantities of, amongst other things, specific precious metals.”

As I said, have a look at some of the other stuff they sell. These look very sensible in comparison

13 hours ago, Cigar nuke said:

Various amounts of sand or shot, add some gold filings from an old ring, some silver filings from an old florin or zac, filings from a bit of copper speaker cable, stir and add to a couple of sealable plastic bags (one inside the other), you may get a similar result?

A simple bag of sand or shot should provide some amount of dampening.

Edited by soundbyte

Wow Entreq have quite the range. The description of their products reminds me of the term "traditional" when describing vitamin supplements.  Need Margot Robbie in a bubble bath to provide further explanation....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, the vibbeaters are kinda cute...

But if the “specific precious metals” are specific, then specify what they are?

I made my own cable lifters yesterday out of the high density foam the cables came with???. I like cable lifters, they look cool.

The vibbeaters look nicely made, but I don't think they are good value for money https://krispyaudio.com.au/products/entreq-apollo-vibbeaters.html    

EntreqVibbeater__25960__38573.1554462080

As mentioned, get a plastic bag and put sand in it, and see if it's dampening makes a difference to your speaker and/or amp.  I can't see that any metal in the sand would make any difference, but a sand/leadshot mix would have added mass (it's good for filling speaker stands). 

If the plastic bag trial makes a positive audio difference, then look into a more aesthetic bag to replace the plastic, and you've saved well over a grand.  If the plastic bag trial doesn't make any positive audible difference, you've saved well over a grand. 

Edited by audiofeline
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cigar nuke said:

But if the “specific precious metals” are specific, then specify what they are?

They were forged in the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

I wonder how effective these are? At just under $13k the improvement would want to be huge (in my system). 

Entreq Olympus Tellus Ground Conditioner

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The Olympus Tellus is the top Tellus model. 6 inputs for grounding + separate input for connection with wallsockets ground. The Olympus Tellus has the same sonic signature as the Olympus. It assists with deep and massive low frequency but still with air and texture.

Entreq believe that grounding is one of the key essentials in acquiring excellent sound quality in any hifi system, but conditions vary greatly from place to place. Firstly, it depends on conditions in the ground where the soil takes place, partly on the amount of pollution discharged into the underground network.

". . .food for thought in a general sense, a no-brainer as an audio upgrade." - Roy Gregory

Read the full Audio Beat review here.

Like our other boxes it´s made of Oak, but with Olympus you can also order it in dark Oak.

"In my (very) humble opinion that's exactly what they are, utterly amazing. Like I said before they are the single most important upgrade I have carried out in my system." - Devialet Forum.

Their ongoing research as well as extensive listening tests have proven conclusively that stable effective grounding can eliminate a multitude of noise, field effect & unwanted magnetic properties. After many years of research the team at Entreq released there own dedicated range of ground boxes & associated grounding cables. Each ground box offers specific levels of grounding, each relevant to the system or application required. 

Weight 46Kg.  W 40cm - H 20cm - D 50cm

Ground cables sold separately. We recommend the Entreq ground cables available in

• Copper cable or Silver
  • Spade to spade, 3.5mm to spade, or RCA/XLR to spade

Note: Entreq Olympus Tellus can not replace protective ground.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PKay said:

I wonder how effective these are? At just under $13k the improvement would want to be huge (in my system). 

Entreq Olympus Tellus Ground Conditioner 

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The Olympus Tellus is the top Tellus model. 6 inputs for grounding + separate input for connection with wallsockets ground. The Olympus Tellus has the same sonic signature as the Olympus. It assists with deep and massive low frequency but still with air and texture.

Entreq believe that grounding is one of the key essentials in acquiring excellent sound quality in any hifi system, but conditions vary greatly from place to place. Firstly, it depends on conditions in the ground where the soil takes place, partly on the amount of pollution discharged into the underground network.

". . .food for thought in a general sense, a no-brainer as an audio upgrade." - Roy Gregory

Read the full Audio Beat review here.

Like our other boxes it´s made of Oak, but with Olympus you can also order it in dark Oak.

"In my (very) humble opinion that's exactly what they are, utterly amazing. Like I said before they are the single most important upgrade I have carried out in my system." - Devialet Forum.

Their ongoing research as well as extensive listening tests have proven conclusively that stable effective grounding can eliminate a multitude of noise, field effect & unwanted magnetic properties. After many years of research the team at Entreq released there own dedicated range of ground boxes & associated grounding cables. Each ground box offers specific levels of grounding, each relevant to the system or application required. 

Weight 46Kg.  W 40cm - H 20cm - D 50cm

Ground cables sold separately. We recommend the Entreq ground cables available in

• Copper cable or Silver
  • Spade to spade, 3.5mm to spade, or RCA/XLR to spade

Note: Entreq Olympus Tellus can not replace protective ground.

You left out a link to their webshite.

https://www.entreq.com/products/ground-boxes-17667704

My cup runneth over... Words can't describe...

• Like 1

On 13/05/2019 at 10:49 AM, audiofeline said:

The vibbeaters look nicely made, but I don't think they are good value for money https://krispyaudio.com.au/products/entreq-apollo-vibbeaters.html    

EntreqVibbeater__25960__38573.1554462080

As mentioned, get a plastic bag and put sand in it, and see if it's dampening makes a difference to your speaker and/or amp.  I can't see that any metal in the sand would make any difference, but a sand/leadshot mix would have added mass (it's good for filling speaker stands). 

If the plastic bag trial makes a positive audio difference, then look into a more aesthetic bag to replace the plastic, and you've saved well over a grand.  If the plastic bag trial doesn't make any positive audible difference, you've saved well over a grand. 

SCROTUM01A.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1