rare and expensive CDs

I spent some time trying to work out where to post this. 

At a time when streaming is coming in I am wondering if there is much of a market for rare CDs.I decided a while back to try flogging some of my CD singles on eBay, and started searching . Sadly my Powderfinger one ($50) looks pretty knocked about, but I digress).

One eBay seller emerged with very highest prices, (also for DVD's) and when I looked just about all his CDs seemed to be expensive ($60 and up). Who buys these things?

I did a bit more research and in fact some of his Cds are priced very highly on Discogs too, but nowhere near as high as his commonly (the Best of 10CC at $1300 is killer- but you can still get a great price for it on discogs too). I was wondering how he got 3000 positive reviews, then he does have a lot of $8 Cds too to balance it out. This one is a killer (its only $8 on discogs):

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pixies-Doolittle-CD-Album-1989-Australia-D30032-Box-C91/162328935245?hash=item25cb8efb4d:g:b5sAAOSwEzxYWnUC

they will have to pay on the final value of the CD so if no one ever buys it ....

Oh, and his style of listing and describing is pretty annoying to me

But it got me looking on discogs- not that I had any of the $1300 Cds, but I have sold 2 exie Cds on Discogs

Makes my pick up of said Pixies CD at the Salvo's shop for $1 look like a pretty tidy investment!

I guess there will be people out there who just have to have the 'correct' version of the CD they like, and are willing to pay a premium.

You can't blame someone for selling at such prices, it's up to the buyer what they want to spend.

Cheers,

Jason.

The most I've paid for a CD was $100 for Blue Afternoon by Tim Buckley, which was released briefly in 1989/90 and then quickly withdrawn for copyright reasons.

The most I've paid for a CD was $100 for Blue Afternoon by Tim Buckley, which was released briefly in 1989/90 and then quickly withdrawn for copyright reasons.

Wow- my first and favourite Buckley album. I still have the vinyl my grandad picked up in 1970 or so in Germany for me