Sign in to follow this  
mrbuzzardstubble

SBS Free To Air Movie Channel.

2 minutes ago, Willmax said:

Great channel, we've been enjoying watching Studio Ghibli's awesome movies during the school holidays.

A great French animated The Illusionist is featuring currently on the channel - not the same kettle of fish as Ghibli, but may appeal...

On 03/07/2019 at 7:40 PM, Ooogh said:

Need help. I used to have SBS Viceland on the TV and it then lost signal when it went to World movies. I have used the auto tune a number of times and I can now no longer get Viceland or World Movies. The TV picks up everything else, including all the SBS and their radio stations  radio stations but doesn’t even list Viceland and World Movies.  Suburban Adelaide and max signal on all other stations. Any ideas?

Yeah I am a little pissed off myself at that.  Although I have 5 TV's in the house only the main bedroom one I use is 2012 Aldi HD TV just cant cope with some HD channels and lost 2 channels at once! :D  Soon to be in the Trash soon anyway cuz of screen lines death but I hear ya, I also use to use a PVR to get all channels in that room but that died too, not sure ill get another.

1 minute ago, Powerslave said:

Yeah I am a little pissed off myself at that.  Although I have 5 TV's in the house only the main bedroom one I use is 2012 Aldi HD TV just cant cope with some HD channels and lost 2 channels at once! :D  Soon to be in the Trash soon anyway cuz of screen lines death but I hear ya, I also use to use a PVR to get all channels in that room but that died too, not sure ill get another.

Oh no , the screen lines of death. I got a great laugh from a work mate of my wife who referred to that coloured  wheel that used to spin on Apple computers while they were having a nervous breakdown the ‘spinning wheel of death’.

I watch SBS very often, either free to air or on Catch Up via Fetch. With Catch Up there is usually one ad at the beginning of a program. Depending on the running time of each program there will be x number of ads but only one each time (about 30 seconds duration and usually for an SBS series/program).

I cannot remember the last time I watched the free to air "commercial" channels (7, 9 and 10). Although necessary for each channels funding to enable airing programs, the ads are so annoying, particularly when there is a number of ads shown together every 10 minutes or so. Even subscription channels do the same. The amount of ads spoil the enjoyment of the program or series.