2019 Melbourne Hi-Fi Show StereoNET Shindig/Dinner

I think Evil's right, I'm too close to the border and obviously the long term affects of that are becoming more obvious.

* On a more serious note. I'll be buying a 3 day pass as I actually like supporting SNA and the show and the cost is minor, particularly when placed against the flights/accomodation/food and err, beverage bill if the last few years are anything to go by, a three day pass equals 1.5 Biscotti stouts. @Bass13 your shout first up Sam, @Satanica  your second? @scuzzii your third if your coming.

** @ any Qlders. C'mon down to Bleak City and you can have my free day pass, don't be shy, I'll be at the bar.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Luc said:

I think Evil's right, I'm too close to the border and obviously the long term affects of that are becoming more obvious.

* On a more serious note. I'll be buying a 3 day pass as I actually like supporting SNA and the show and the cost is minor, particularly when placed against the flights/accomodation/food and err, beverage bill if the last few years are anything to go by, a three day pass equals 1.5 Biscotti stouts. @Bass13 your shout first up Sam, @Satanica  your second? @scuzzii your third if your coming.

** @ any Qlders. C'mon down to Bleak City and you can have my free day pass, don't be shy, I'll be at the bar.

Humph, some of us don't even rate a mention @jakeyb77

Humph again

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

Humph, some of us don't even rate a mention @jakeyb77

Humph again

You attention seekers crack me up, all about you with your names up in lights! ?

Oh BTW, I will be holding the (in) famous HiFi show Saturday night dinner again this year. 

No one else will extend beyond self preening ,token superficialities towards a worthy cause! 

Yet another good reason to make the effort to head down South. ?

Edited by evil c
  • Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
16 minutes ago, evil c said:

You attention seekers crack me up, all about you with your names up in lights! ?

Oh BTW, I will be holding the (in) famous HiFi show Saturday night dinner again this year. 

No one else will extend beyond self preening ,token superficialities towards a worthy cause! 

Yet another good reason to make the effort to head down South. ?

Attention seekers?? 

Count me in for “Everyone shout Clive Night” 

Edited by jakeyb77

3 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

Attention seekers?? 

Count me in for “Everyone shout Clive Night” 

Yep, me too. I have a loud voice.

2 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

@evil c you’d better pick a place with a less shall we say strict attitude towards people who enjoy a beer. 

Congratulations mate. You are the current Zen master of the understatement.xD

1 hour ago, joz said:

Wonder if we should have another Friday night gtg again 

Wouldn't hurt, but where could cope with such a large crowd?? :whistle:

1 hour ago, jakeyb77 said:

@evil c you’d better pick a place with a less shall we say strict attitude towards people who enjoy a beer. 

Behaviour last year was exemplary, however things got out of hand after dinner!

Poor Marc, another thread trashed by the usual's ! :lol:

4 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Yep, me too. I have a loud voice.

Not next to a few I know !

Happy to go to the Tap Room again, MartyK's suggestion for it and Clive's organising of it coalesced into a great night. While I (and a couple of others ) might of missed a seat(due to yabbering away about stuff!) at the big table we made up for it later at the biscotti bar.

I sent an email off to the manager there a month or so after the show enquiring about the biscotti and asked him whether it was the real deal from NY and he said yes it was and they run it at a loss so hopefully it'll be there again this year.

Whether the SNA night is there or elsewhere, I'll be going there again. I snuck down to Bleak City on the sly just after the new year a couple of months back to see my daughter and a few friends and I took her and a bunch of mid 20 somethings to the Taproom and they had a jazzy funk fusion group playing and biscotti stout. One of the 20 somethings is a distiller of renown with national and international awards to his name and he loved the black stuff and swears he's going to make a gin based around it!  If he does I'm claiming naming rights and hopefully snaffle some.

@joz  GTG? Do you have a choice? @Sierra and I guarantee to be first on the doormat there again(unless @scuzzii and his mate kick in a bit earlier) and will bring a similar selection of fine charcuterie and fromage(and proceed to gobble it down before the hoi polloi get there...). What was that red you were pouring? I think I bought a bottle and so did Scuzzi, can't remember the name.  If Clive brings some Colonial IPA again I'll bring some 'Matriarch'  for him to try.

Edited by Luc
Typo's what else.
  • Like 3

Sounds like I’d better lock it in then.

The red?

cant remember ?

I’d bought up a bit of Oxley Estate vintage Reds, but they’re long gone.

• Like 1

I think some of the reds Hensa and I took to Joe's was Molly Dooker - the boxer and a Cape Mantelle - Zinfandel. We took 4, but too long ago to recall all of them.

We will bring the Bread again!!   :)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

No doubt @Luc and @joz and all will have scoffed all the duck salami again when we get there ?

Come early then?

That was about $80 worth of charcuterie and fromage and another 100 bucks of weird out there IPA's and the reds we can't remember!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yngvi said:

@joz

Can I please come to your house this year. I promise no celine Dion, Las Vegas bootlegs

You'll absolutely kill the vibe @joz if you let the ultimate in elitists attend your evening soiree Joe.

The guys a party killer; he taps out of tune to whatever your playing, he'll bring mashed canned tuna on (now soggy)VitaWheats and he'll sit on a non alcoholic beer sourced from a vegan sensai in Canada.

And he's a liar in extremis    I can tell you now that he'll slip in some music from she of "why the long face?' jokes.

Let him in the front door and you'll certainly live to regret it. Yer missus put the foot down after midnight plus last time... and she'll grab @evil c and Lord Egg(probably waking up both of them... ) this time.

Man's a menace. Look past the easy going smile and friendly attitude.

You've been warned

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yngvi said:

C'mon @joz  you're not going to believe that hillbilly are you? Us two go back a long way ?

Ooh dunno, @Luc has a point.

I don’t want to end up with eggy on my face.

• Like 4