Sign in to follow this  
TOM

Peachtree DAC-iTx Remote or Universal Remote?

Hello all

My dog ate the remote control for my Peachtree DAC-iTx and a replacement remote must come from the US and will cost me $109 plus local shipping (US$35 with free shipping if you live in the US).  I don't change the DAC inputs often and I am unlikely  to splash that on a remote that does very little.  However, I have been considering a Universal Remote which would be handy for other gear in my system.  I have had no experience with these UR's and was wondering if anyone knows if I could perhaps control the DAC-iTx with something like a Logitech remote?  Thanks.

I control mine with the universal remote from my Anthem I225, no dramas. Was quick and painless to program. 

I checked using MyHarmony and the DAC-iTX is listed in the Logitech devices (but obviously could not verify it).  I own the Logitech Harmony 650 which is tremendous value for money and at least 5 years old...   And should anything happen to it, it is cheap and convenient to replace at OfficeWorks:

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/logitech-harmony-universal-remote-650-inlog3404#features

Please note that there is a learning curve to using the Harmony, but it is well worth the effort.

thanks guys that's giving me the confidence to go out and buy one of these devices. I've only looked at the Logitech but perhaps I should look at the Anthem as well. 

Quick update, I got the Harmony 650 on Friday and it works perfectly as replacement remote for the DAC-iTx despite receiving an email over the weekend from Peachtree informing me that no universal remotes work with this DAC!