Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I recently bought a LG 4K B8 Oled TV and already had a Sonos play base. The remote for the LG TV does not seem to interact with the Sonos so I am left having to adjust sound through my phone which is not ideal.

Is there a way around this. I believe I might need an infrared remote. Can anyone recommend.

Thanks

1 hour ago, gazza80 said:

Hi,

I recently bought a LG 4K B8 Oled TV and already had a Sonos play base. The remote for the LG TV does not seem to interact with the Sonos so I am left having to adjust sound through my phone which is not ideal.

Is there a way around this. I believe I might need an infrared remote. Can anyone recommend.

Thanks

If the LG TV uses an RF remote (becoming increasingly more popular) then it won't work.

Hi.  Best to make a quick call to Sonos Support on 1800 680 234 or (03) 9874 0800 - they are an excellent team and always very helpful.  A bit hard to explain in writing here but I will try as Sonos App on your phone has a way of linking to your TV remote to adjust volume.  Begin by turning on your TV setup (incl attached Sonos); it needs a couple of mins to get itself organised.

In Sonos App in lower RH corner select [More] then select [Settings] from the long list and [Room Settings] from the even longer list. Select your TV room name and touch it to reveal a menu of setup controls  in which scroll down to the last section which is 'TV and Remote'.  Selecting [Remote] there is a menu item for [Remote Control Setup and you just follow the simple instructions.  For what it is worth in my setup the 3 radio buttons are enabled (but this was likely the default as I doubt I touched them).

Hope this helps.

Please see my seperate reply if I have mucked up the process of replying.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By timothysmith88
      Just saw that Sonos will release it's new smart soundbar in June this year.  With that they are also releasing S2 app which will not be compatible with older devices
      Zone Players
      CR200
      Bridge
      Connect (Gen 1)
      Connect:Amp (Gen 1)
      Play:5 (Gen 1)
      I have an old Sonos player and it is not in the below list
      https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US
      Like me there are many customers are not very pleased with Sonos leaving old products behind.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/7/21249926/vergecast-podcast-interview-sonos-ceo-patrick-spence-s2-arc-atmo-soundbar
      https://www.engadget.com/sonos-five-sub-internal-updates-200010615.html
      https://colorviewfinder.co/sonos-arc/
      https://www.whathifi.com/advice/sonos-arc-everything-you-need-to-know
    • By sa2013
      Item: Sonos Connect
      Price: $190
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info:

I had this player for about 6 years. It’s in excellent condition. I seem to have misplaced the box when was moving, so it's only Sonos Connect and power cable. Prefer local buyer.

It currently retails for $495
      https://www.melbournehifi.com.au/products/sonos-connect?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=3707437059&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Smart-Shopping&utm_content=Smart-Shopping-adgroup&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7OnxBRCNARIsAIW53B_8mwl9Fy1XIYVcA0b3jil5ywd3AXG84BrPmnUl5djj7nZbBvQvogEaAjyNEALw_wcB

Thanks for looking.

Photos:

• By too_slow
      Item: SONOS Connect:AMP 
      Price: 380 each, 2 available
      Item Condition: Like New
      Reason for selling: Surplus
      Payment Method: Cash, PayID / Happy to ship at buyers expense 
      Extra Info:

I have a pair of SONOS Connect Amps which I’ve used to power outdoor speakers (balcony and backyard). The unit has always been housed indoors (inside a rack in the garage). Sold the speakers because they were too loud (my neighbours are very nice - don’t want to be offside if I’m stuck with them for decades to come) and I have enough Play 1 and 5s in the house to cause serious hearing damage. These are the real Connect amp, unlike all the old ZP100/110 that are posted as connect units. This is also significantly better than the new one because the heat sink is substantially larger  

Photos:

• By hipnhop
      Item: Sonos zp120 Amp Amplifier 
      Price: $375
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: Upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: selling due to down sizing to sonos 1. Pick up in Carlton or Ascot vale

Photos: Advertisements without photos of tInsert other media he actual item will not be approved.

• By barbz127
      Item: Sonos ZP80
      Price:  $100
      Item Condition: As New - has been updated to the latest firmware
      Reason for selling: Surplus to my needs
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, or Paypal
      Extra Info:
      Ships with power cable only.
      Pickup available from Ipswich outside of business hours or Spring Hill during business hours.
      Post $14 express post bag within Australia.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.