Hi,

I recently bought a LG 4K B8 Oled TV and already had a Sonos play base. The remote for the LG TV does not seem to interact with the Sonos so I am left having to adjust sound through my phone which is not ideal.

Is there a way around this. I believe I might need an infrared remote. Can anyone recommend.

Thanks

Guest thathifiguy
1 hour ago, gazza80 said:

Hi,

I recently bought a LG 4K B8 Oled TV and already had a Sonos play base. The remote for the LG TV does not seem to interact with the Sonos so I am left having to adjust sound through my phone which is not ideal.

Is there a way around this. I believe I might need an infrared remote. Can anyone recommend.

Thanks

If the LG TV uses an RF remote (becoming increasingly more popular) then it won't work.

Hi.  Best to make a quick call to Sonos Support on 1800 680 234 or (03) 9874 0800 - they are an excellent team and always very helpful.  A bit hard to explain in writing here but I will try as Sonos App on your phone has a way of linking to your TV remote to adjust volume.  Begin by turning on your TV setup (incl attached Sonos); it needs a couple of mins to get itself organised.

In Sonos App in lower RH corner select [More] then select [Settings] from the long list and [Room Settings] from the even longer list. Select your TV room name and touch it to reveal a menu of setup controls  in which scroll down to the last section which is 'TV and Remote'.  Selecting [Remote] there is a menu item for [Remote Control Setup and you just follow the simple instructions.  For what it is worth in my setup the 3 radio buttons are enabled (but this was likely the default as I doubt I touched them).

Hope this helps.

• Like 1