Sirac 50 KT88

I believe that The Sirac 50 was an amp designed by Chris Rogers for the old UK Magazine Hi-Fi Answers somewhere around 1977-8, he also did the Pro 9TL Transmission Line Speakers..

It was designed after Chris had heard the difference between older Valve Amps and modern day SS.

The development and schematics were all published in Hi-Fi Answers.

Ken

a rare beast!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-hi-fi-valve-tube-Sirac-amplifier-KT88-English-Pls-Read-Description/293065771012?hash=item443c14c804:g:ZOwAAOSwKaBcwsBf

< Vintage hi-fi from the 1970's. (sold without tubes- to be offered separately later , if/when unpacked)
Not many will have heard of this post industrial appearance , Sirac amplifier which was designed built to beat Michaelson & Austin TVA, Radford STA ,Leak TL50 etc and compete with the very good EAR amps of the period.

The project was started by Chris Rogers, a british hi-fi jouranlist /guru who wanted to recreate/ improve on the classic GEC 88/50 circuit of the 1940-50s (KT88, 50WRMS/ channel)

The original circuit was tweaked but most of the effort went into designing superb multi-winding output (and Power) transformers with low interweaving capicitance and very high primary inductance -for excellent bass.
 This was successful.
Some were manufactured in the UK by authorised assemblers , and some kits were sold. I cant say which one this is , but the constructional quality is first class. I doubt there are more than a few of these amps in Australia

Will be sold with printed copies of the circuit and all constuctional data , in 3 articles

This was stored form 1995 when the owner moved overseas and has only very recently been unpacked.

It worked fine at that time it was stoed  , but given the 20+ year storage period , no current guarantees can be given. Please bid on this basis >

regards Ian

• Like 1