Projector & TV Calibration in Melbourne

34 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

Well ,

Tony Calibrated my JVCX9000 on 04.02.19 and It has never looked this good before. I highly recommend anyone to get their projector calibrated to get the best out of it. It took him nearly 5 hours to complete , SDR , HDR and 3D profiles for me. Now to sit back and watch my backlog of  Movies.

Thanks Mate.

have no doubt its well worth it for a projector of this sort of calibre :) to get very best from it :) 

wonder when tony is coming by melbourne ways again :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, betty boop said:

have no doubt its well worth it for a projector of this sort of calibre :) to get very best from it :) 

wonder when tony is coming by melbourne ways again :) 

Well Betty ,

He is in Melbourne right now and will be heading back tomorrow to Adelaide.

Cheers

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gillmaverick said:

Well Betty ,

He is in Melbourne right now and will be heading back tomorrow to Adelaide.

Cheers

thanks, thinking more in the future if doing a return :)

be a few folk with new projectors in coming months.... all needing calibration once run in ....  :D 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

***UPDATED Projector/TV Calibration MELBOURNE 13 JULY 2020

Border restrictions are easing next month and I will be available week beginning Monday 13/7/2020 if you would like either your Projector or TV Calibrated.

If you're interested in having either your TV or projector professionally calibrated please send me a PM to register your interest. If you've already been in contact, please contact me again, that way I can be sure nobody slips between the cracks.

If you don't already know me, in addition to writing here for stereonet, I'm also an ISF Certified Calibrator with 10 years experience and the owner of Adelaide based clarity audio & video calibration. 

Regards,

Tony O'Brien

Edited by Rec. 709
Updated calibration trip times

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Evening all

We had Tony around on Tuesday night to play with our 75" Samsung. I really had no idea what to expect but figured it couldn't hurt? I think like many around, I had a fiddle with the slider's in the control section, thought that loooks good, had it confirmed by the better half, so it must be right. That was the last time that screen was on the TV, never to be played with again.

After a 15 minute run around looking for the DVD remote because Sony decided buttons the actual unit aren't worth the invsetment, Tony was able to work his Voo-Doo. After a couple of hours pushing buttons & explaing what was adjusted & why he was done.

Now I thought there might be a bit of a difference but not huge. I couldn't have been more wrong. It was plain to see the difference straight away. The picture was easier to look at if that makes sense. There was so much more depth, the colours looked natural & even the cook said the picture looks so much better. After a couple of nights in the seating postion, I'm still noticing improvments in small things that increase the whole viewing pleasure.

I'm not going into all the jargon about the improvments Tony made but the bottom line is, I feel it was one of the best things we could have done. If your tossing around the idea of having Tony over, it really is a no brainer, bite the bullet & get it done. You will not be disapointed.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi Tony, just purchased a new 85" Sony 8500f and looking to have it calibrated.

However I keep hearing the bed in hours before calibration is done.

What much does the TV require to be used before I can get it calibrated, secondly, how much do you charge for your calibration services ? I am based in Melbourne.

Ta

Hi Tony, just purchased a new 85" Sony 8500f and looking to have it calibrated.

However I keep hearing the bed in hours before calibration is done.

What much does the TV require to be used before I can get it calibrated, secondly, how much do you charge for your calibration services ? I am based in Melbourne.

Ta

Hi bym007,

I will be in Melbourne again in October. I have sent you a PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just updated the thread as  Iill be making a trip to Melbourne and available for calibrations between Monday 2nd December & Saturday 7 th December. 

If you're interested in having either your TV or projector professionally calibrated please contact me via PM or via my website at clarity calibration.com.au.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rec. 709 said:

Just updated the thread as  Iill be making a trip to Melbourne and available for calibrations between Monday 2nd December & Saturday 7 th December. 

If you're interested in having either your TV or projector professionally calibrated please contact me via PM or via my website at clarity calibration.com.au.

wont be enough hours on mine by then Tony, but hopefully in the new year or by winter next year at latest.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just had Tony over to my place last night to calibrate my JVC x9500, 4 hours later and seperate 2 profiles one for SDR and one for HDR, all I can say is WOW!!!! I have never seen this much pop and depth for my already great projector.

Well worth the time and effort and now have no interest in upgrading for a while.

Thanks Tony you did a fantastic job and a true gentleman. ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Have just updated the thread as I will be in Melbourne again in April and available for calibrations (dates to be confirmed). If you're interested in having either your projector of TV professionally calibrated please send me a PM or contact me via my website at claritycalibration.com.au.

I will also be visiting NSW in April- more details to come soon.

Edited by Rec. 709

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...