Name that Flick

2 hours ago, zippi said:

Right again JJ!!!

Gillian Armstrong at her best.

Arguably also the best Kerry Fox movie and a breakthrough role for Miranda Otto and the rest of the cast including Bruno Ganz is just awesome.

Tis unfortunate that Bruno died earlier this year.

JJ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

71eKKuTqD-L._SY550_.jpg

Not a clue about this one.

Other than to say the guy might be French and grain of the still has that French new wave movie look/vibe.

Good on us fellas - a veritable Bruno Ganz tribute. Such an actor he was too....

Being a bit younger myself I know him from outstanding Der Himmel über Berlin (Wings of Desire) (1987), aforementioned The Last Days of Chez Nous (1992) and a heavy film about Hitlers last days "Downfall" where he masterfully embodied the deluded/compulsive/psychopathic dictator, a role he was understandably very reluctant to take on, but one that rings so true it feels like freakin doco.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Bruno Getz, I think it is - 'Knife To the Head' where he is shot in the head when police go to the place his ex-wife work and the police say he attacked them.

JJ

Correct answer. Ganz of course not Getz. That's a car named after a sax player :) Well done JJ.

Edited by mrbuzzardstubble
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cultfilman said:

Fine actor Bruno. Was brilliant in Downfall.

Another fine German actor..or is he Austrian or Swiss.

Bruno was Swiss,

JJ was correct, he died in Wädenswil, Switzerland

Edited by Neurone
  • Like 1

Mads is good with Willem Dafoe as Vincent Van Gogh  in At Eternity's Gate

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6938828/

also if you can find it, he's hilarious in Men and Chicken

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3877674/

a very black comedy indeed!

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/17/men-and-chicken-review-mads-mikkelsen

regards Ian

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Correct. A very good movie. Mikkelsen a great actor. 

He's just so damn good alright--

Ha!--yes I just watched him in Polar--a slow burn Gore fest that lifted itself  out of the B Flick mode with him and the surprise

twist at the end.

Recommended for a quirky nights viewing?!

Willco

• Like 2

Klaus Maria Brandauer was and is a very fine actor as well as director and can speak of the art of acting very eloquently.

The Istvan Szabo's trilogy that starred KMB which includededMephisto and the forgotten Hannusen as well as Colonel Redl are supposed to be re-uniting for another film in the not too distant future.

Talk about screen presence also seen as the Bond villain and in Out of Africa, a real scene stealer.

My favourite scene from Mephisto where the language dances on his lips with such ease and dexterity and the wink at the end .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

images - 2019-07-08T145837.519.jpeg

Heavens!-- I saw this in the EU in the late 70's in Spanish --no Subs !--but it was captivating flick--wonder if it is on any sites now?

Anyway--Spirit of the Beehive

Good one Mr BuZZ!?

Willco

• Like 1

Here's one with Brandauer, he directed and starred in this film. He had a different title in English and the true story of the film was made in another German version four or five years ago and was a better film all in all.

index.jpg