Name that Flick

16 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I don't know this movie but I think that's British actor Peter Wyngarde looking almost like Gregory Peck in that profile.

Yes Peter Wyngarde--Night of the Eagle--

Willco

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I'll throw in another just because I'm here and let someone else have a shot. I only had the pleasure of seeing this once but liked it.

images - 2019-06-11T203709.073.jpeg

The answer to this one is Jean Renoir's The Rules Of The Game. Andre Cartier Bresson of Magnum Photos fame also appeared in the film.

• Like 1

One more before I go, made for TV, U.S. TV no less, a film that I was surprised would have been made much less shown on American TV because it was overtly political and radical politics at that.

Another 1970's mustache, although it fails to hide the identity of the male lead who went on to be a true globally recognized character around the same time. He also made another film two years after the pictured role below that addressed some of the same issues around the same politics .

The female lead has had a great and ongoing career and put in many great performances over the years.

index.jpg

16 minutes ago, allthumbs said:

One more before I go, made for TV, U.S. TV no less, a film that I was surprised would have been made much less shown on American TV because it was overtly political and radical politics at that.

Another 1970's mustache, although it fails to hide the identity of the male lead who went on to be a true globally recognized character around the same time. He also made another film two years after the pictured role below that addressed some of the same issues around the same politics .

The female lead has had a great and ongoing career and put in many great performances over the years.

index.jpg

Don't know this one but that looks like the Fonz.

13 minutes ago, allthumbs said:

Yep. Henry Winkler. Here's a clue if you "carry" on you'll get the female lead as well.

Good one Fonzie-- can't say I gelled with those anti establishment era flicks--mid 70s --I know it-but leave to the boys to get this one

Oh yes--that's Cissy Spacek

Good one Allt!

Willco

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

The answer to this one is Jean Renoir's The Rules Of The Game. Andre Cartier Bresson of Magnum Photos fame also appeared in the film.

Actually Henri C B ---MrBuzz?

Willco

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

How about this?

images - 2019-06-12T223443.711.jpeg

I'm stumped yet again, however 2 things popped into my head instantly upon seeing the still, both of which I'm 100% sure are wrong:

1. Creature from a blue lagune

2. Shaka Zulu

....just putting it out there for the sake of the game

20 minutes ago, zippi said:

I'm stumped yet again, however 2 things popped into my head instantly upon seeing the still, both of which I'm 100% sure are wrong:

1. Creature from a blue lagune

2. Shaka Zulu

....just putting it out there for the sake of the game

A clue : German director and partly filmed in a national park on the Canary Islands.

Edited by mrbuzzardstubble