Saladman

LS50 Passive Buyers Remorse

Hi all,

Just recently, like yesterday purchased a pair of sexy LS50 passives. I auditioned these speakers and loved the way they sounded and they way they looked. In fact it's the first real set of speakers I've really auditioned and was so excited I bought them on the spot with a Yamaha s701 amplifier.

They didn't have the wireless available to audition..

The problem for me was I brought them home and for some reason started watching videos and reading how the wireless version sounds so much better..

I now have some buyers remorse and am thinking of selling the speakers before even using them since I can't return them because they've been opened...

I also spent a lot of money (for me anyway) and to know I could have spent just a tad extra to get a speaker that sounds like a 20k setup.

Is this silly?

Or are the wireless versions that much better?

Apparently they rival 20k amplifier setups..

Anyway also new to forum, so hi all. Just looking for some advice :D

Thanks for listening.

Will be much better than with a 701

I think what you have there is a case of premature buyers remorse.

If you like the way they sound then what does it matter if a pair of wireless speakers that cost more are meant to sound better?

I’m surprised the store you bought them from won’t take them back - they will make money as the LS50W will cost you more. 

The actives won’t rival a 20K system, but they will make you forget about a 20K system, for a while. The Yamaha would probably struggle to bring out the best in your speakers.

A $20K system doesn’t sound a particular way.

Not sure how LS50W can be compared to, and sound better than a theoretical system.

Enjoy your purchase, it’s a great system you’ve just got yourself

They don’t sound better, they sound different. As do all other speakers connected to different gear. 

You have just laid out a substantial amount of hard-earned it makes everyone a little edgy and whatever you would have bought you would be second guessing yourself.

Take heart that the LS50's have been pretty much universally acclaimed as a great speaker and in 10 or 20 years will be listed as one of the most important and significant speakers of all time.

I am probably one of the few here who has never heard a pair. But one poster who owned a pair of Axis Voice Box speakers likened them to exactly sounding like the LS50's. Those I know, and they sound great and have also been acclaimed as brilliant speakers.

8 hours ago, Hydrology said:

I’m surprised the store you bought them from won’t take them back - 

Yes, this is a bit surprising 

9 hours ago, Saladman said:

I now have some buyers remorse and am thinking of selling the speakers before even using them since I can't return them because they've been opened...

Did you ask the retailer?  Most are reasonable with a return and will likely let you swap over, especially if you want to spend more

9 hours ago, Saladman said:

Or are the wireless versions that much better?

Apparently they rival 20k amplifier setups..

You are putting far too much weight based on 1 person's opinion!  Suggest you go to another shop and listen to the wireless version...

10 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Yes, this is a bit surprising 

If the box has been opened they can’t sell them as brand new anymore. The store would take a loss. Not really fair as it’s buyer’s remorse rather than an issue with the said speaker.