Supratek Sauvignon preamplifier

Posted (edited)

Item: Supratek preamplifier
Price: $3500

Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Upgraded to a Supratek Dual
Payment Method: Bank Transfer
Extra Info:

This casing is no longer available - black and chrome so grab it whilst you can. In excellent condition and sounds great. Mick from  Supratek will upgrade it to the latest design for $500. Whilst that will provide a good improvement this unit is still a great sounding pre. 

Pictures:

supra1.jpg

4supra3.jpg

supra2.jpg

supra5.jpg

supra3.jpg

Edited by amdan

Thanks. I am not able to remove the photo of the turntable!!

2 minutes ago, amdan said:

Thanks. I am not able to remove the photo of the turntable!!

You are - I've done it for you though.

Just delete the photos at the bottom of your thread edit (where they attach, not in the body).

Everything is controlled from that bottom bit, not within the thread body itself.  🙏

You should probably update the title to say that it's a Supratek Chardonnay (which I believe it is) since there are numerous different Supratek preamplifiers of varying cost.

2 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

You should probably update the title to say that it's a Supratek Chardonnay (which I believe it is) since there are numerous different Supratek preamplifiers of varying cost.

back plate has sauvignon scribbled on it. I agree would help to highlight to assist the sale :)

What is it? Can you describe for dummies like me what this is? Why two boxes. What inputs? Are they XLR inputs? I assume the knobs are I put selection and volume. Is the other box some sort of power supply? What is the $500 upgrade? Tried to look all this up on the site but looks like Sauvignon discontinued?

8 hours ago, candyflip said:

You are - I've done it for you though.

Just delete the photos at the bottom of your thread edit (where they attach, not in the body).

Everything is controlled from that bottom bit, not within the thread body itself.  🙏

Thanks candy flip. I did try that but didn't succeed.

Posted (edited)

@Cigar nukeAll tubes are original but plenty of life left. I used different tubes - Ken Rad 6SN7, Groove Tube KT66 and Bendix 6106. 

The upgrade is to the circuit. I am getting a lower noise floor with my new unit and hence a little more detail.

Edited by amdan

Must be time for a price drop. Suggestions?

Can't help with suggestions but only an overview and that is that some absolutely stellar gear put up for sale here are what I and others describe as orphans.; brilliant gear, sometimes bespoke,quite often homegrown and far superior to what you can get with a massed produced item but...at the end of the day you either can't give them away or you have to give them away.

Ridiculous I know. Look at the SGR amp here in the FS section, brilliant amp but it's an orphan, Lenahan speakers, brilliant but they end up as orphans (sometimes, the bigger models I'm talking) and I could go on.

If I was you I'd just sit...and wait. Unless you really really... Really need to get rid of this then just leave it here in the classifieds and wait. You would be surprised at the orphans that eventually sell if the owners are patient.

Example? "Hi Luc, you had a headshell for sale. It was a fair while ago ( like a couple of years and the guy must of dug and dug to find it in the search function) did you sell it? No I didn't . How much would you sell it for? Here's my original ad and that is the price I'll sell it for and I'll pay for postage. ...He bought it at  close to my original price.

So like I said, unless your desperate to get it gone or equally you need the dollars(life unfortunately sometimes interferes with our passions doesn't it) then just hang in there.

Absolutely has to be gone for all the above inferred reasons?

Well remove the ad via the Mods and do a new one and word it accordingly, indicating that this is a once off price and you want it gone this weekend. Don't give the lowballers more reasons to ply their trade.

GLWTS!

**Obviously i'm stuck in a traffic jam and have too much time on my hands. apols for length.

Thanks @Luc. That's great advice. I am not in a hurry so will just wait. I think I do need to drop the price though given what the Dual is being advertised for here. Will give it some thought.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By scumbag
      Item: WireWorld Chroma6 HMDI - 5 meters!

Price: $80 $70 including postage  inside Oz. (donation to SNA on sale)  current version about RRP $200

Item Condition: Good - some minor markings on the gold on one connector. Connectors still fit nice and snug. Cable is in good condition with no kinks or splits.

Reason for selling: Not required.

Payment Method: Pickup or postage = Paypal Only (as a friend or add 3% for fees)

Extra Info:  I bought this to see if I could use it between my Singxer S-U6 and my Direct Stream DAC to carry an I2S signal (via LDVS).  Well a guy can dream right? Well it works but the sound is somewhat soft. The general recommendation is that you can't use more than 1-2m for LVDS so it's amazing that it gets any sound 
      So as an actual HDMI A/V cable (which after all what it is!), it's a well made cable with lots of attention to construction / shielding / isolation of conductors. It's a bit expensive compared to generic HDMI cables but you know you're worth it. Plus it's yellow, so yeah.
      http://www.wireworldcable.co.uk/products/99.html
      https://www.whathifi.com/wireworld/chroma-6/review

The Chroma 6 (all lengths) is a High Speed with Ethernet HDMI® Cable and fully supports Data rate >10.2Gbps- covering 1080p, HD4K, Deep Colour, Audio Return Channel (ARC) and all 3D formats.

The Chroma™ 6 benefits from the unique WireWorld award winning Symmetricon™ (formely Symmetric Balanced Pair™) proprietary cable design of our high-end cables, which utilize sixteen signal conductors instead of twelve conductors found in conventional HDMI® cables. This unique and original design features parallel conductors with two drain wires per shield pair, which reduces attenuation and provides greater impedance uniformity.
      Read more about WireWorld's technology

Photos:

Edited July 18 by scumbag
    • By Keith Raufer
      Item: 18” Subwoofers, Dayton UM18, Sealed Black Oak Enclosures.
      Price: $1400 each
      Item Condition: 6 months old
      Reason for selling: Need Room
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: I have 2 Dayton Ultimax UM18 Subwoofers, (subs only, no amp). Finished in a custom 4 cubic feet enclosure, made from 25mm MDF and very heavily braced. The Subs weigh in at just over 50kg each and are wrapped in a black oak veneer. Connections are speakon for simple secure connections.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By babyccino
      Item: Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
      Price: $400
      Item Condition: Used, like new
      Reason for selling: Not using
      Extra Info:

I bought the turntable 11/08/2018 and have played maybe four records on it since. Has one year of manufacturer warranty still remaining. It basically never been moved and to my eye it has no visible wear whatsoever. I also have the original manual and box. I can provide an audio/video sample of it being played for a serious buyer.

Photos:

• By deannepal
      Item: Supra Sword 1.5m Speaker Cables
      Price: $500 per pair
      Item Condition: very good
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Extra Info: 1 pair of quality Swedish made Supra Sword 1.5m Speaker cables.
      These are bifolar wound Litz type cables that have a very open, transparent and detailed sound.
      These are in very good condition except for some minor discolouration of the outer cable sheath in places.
      Cables are fitted with banana plugs on both ends and come with the Supra box and paperwork.

Will post anywhere in Australia or NZ.

• By deannepal
      Item: DAC202
      Price: $4300
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: Upgrading
      Extra Info: Premium quality smooth sounding DAC with headphone output and volume control that allows you to directly drive a large power or integrated amplifier.
      In excellent condition with no defects. Good quality firewire cable included.
      Original high quality box and book manual included and both in excellent condition.
      Always used in a clean, smoke free environment.
      Original price for his DAC was $7800 and increased up to $9400 before upgraded model was released and now sells for over $13,000.
      Refer to the following link for more information: https://soundreference.com.au/weiss-dac202