Sign in to follow this  
Woody982

Yamaha RXV 1085 suitable for Dali Zensor speakers?

Hi all, just wondering if a Yamaha RXV 1085 AVR would suit a set of Zensor 7's, Zensor 3's and Zensor Vokal Centre Speakers?

I'm new to the this hobby and finding it hard to understand what is required in terms of power per channel. Any clarity and advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

EDIT: I also have a Panasonic UB820 4K Blu Ray player that i recently purchased (My god improves regular blu rays - compared to Xbox/PS4 players), I think it would be suitable for passthrough of this amp (ARC?). I dont know if this will change anything?

Edited by Woody982

Suggest ignoring the misleading power ratings when 2 or 1 speakers are driven. Not many brands publish the power rating when driving multiple channels simultaneously.  

What you should look at is the overall power consumed and get the AVR with the highest power consumption, within your budget of course. As a general rule, avoid the entry level AVRs which have low power. Mid and high end AVRs usually have better amplifiers.  When you get serious, multi channel power amplifiers are the way to go.

You did not mention a sub woofer. Getting a better sub, and locating it properly,  goes a long way to improving the home theatre experience.

I plan on getting a subwoofer a bit later, then a second some time after that!

Are you saying that this reciever would not be the best? I can get the reciever for about $1400 and I thought it was a good price and a good reciever?

Cheers

FYI if more power is required you can get the RX-V2083 for about $1500

have a read of the thread below yours.. some info there that might help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ozo
      Price: $4300 Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Wantirna State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, PayPal F&F Reason for selling: No longer required Further information:
      First owner, purchased brand new on December 2019. The piano black finish is as new as day one.
      I can provide the original receipt for the warranty and I also have all the original boxes to ship them at buyer's expense.

Yamaha Soavo NS-F901 RRP 5999:
      https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speakers/ns-f901/index.html
          Specifications Type 3-Way Bass-Reflex Floor-Standing Speaker System Woofers Dual 16 cm (6-1/2”) Advanced PMD cone MidRange Driver 13 cm (5”) Advacned PMD cone Tweeter 3 cm (1”) aluminium dome Frequency Response 32 Hz-50 kHz Nominal Input Power 50 W Maximum Input Power 200 W Sensitivity 89 dB / 2.83 V/1 m Crossover Frequencies 450 Hz / 3.5 kHz Impedance 6 ohms Dimensions (W x H x D) 270 x 1,060 x 425 mm ; 10-5/8” x 41-3/4” x 16-3/4” Weight 30.7 kg; 67 lbs./unit

Yamaha Soavo NS-C901 RRP 1499:
      https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/speakers/ns-c901/index.html
          Specifications Type 2-Way Bass-Reflex Speaker System Woofers Dual 13 cm (5”) Advanced PMD cone Tweeter 3 cm (1”) aluminium dome Frequency Response 56 Hz-50 kHz (-10 dB) Nominal Input Power 50 W Maximum Input Power 200 W Sensitivity 90 dB / 2.83 V/1 m Crossover Frequencies 4.2 kHz Impedance 6 ohms Dimensions (W x H x D) 500 x 170 x 271 mm; 19-11/16” x 6-11/16” x 10-11/16” Weight 8.4 kg / unit; 18 lbs.  
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Diatone
      i have many options in range (used 15- 20k) of price but lacking of experience. Which is best for pop, Jazz, Slow music
      - Bowers Wilkins 803 D3
      - Focal Sopra 2 
      - Dali Epicon 8
      - Sonus Faber Olympic iii 
      - Tannoy 
      - JBL
      - any other recommendations 
    • By Bugs
      Item: Yamaha TD500 DAB+FM Tuner
      Price: $200
      Item Condition: Very good
      Reason for selling: NRL
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash preferred
      Extra Info: Bought a few years ago to match my Yamaha AS2100 amp and CDS1000 disc player.  Works perfectly and comes with manual.  Can't find remote but if you have an AS series amp, its remote has all the functions you need for the tuner.  

• By surprisetech
      Item: Yamaha RX-V480 5-Channel Pro-Logic & DSP Receiver + Optional Centre & Surround speakers.
      Price:  Receiver $80.  Speakers $30.  + Postage at cost if required.
      Item Condition: Very good Used condition.
      Reason for selling:  Deceased estate.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      One of my father in law's AVRs.  Was still in use in his 2nd system until September last year.
      Very well looked after and fully functional.  Includes original remote control and User Manual.
      No Dolby Digital, dts, or digital inputs, but still capable of very good 2-channel performance or multi-channel using the DSP or Pro-logic features.
      A set of small Yamaha Centre & Surround Speakers is also available for an extra $30 if required.   NX-E700 (x2) and NX-C700.
      One of the surrounds has a small tear in the grill cloth as shown in the photo.

• By Krumlov
      Item: Yamaha YST-SW800 subwoofer
      Price Range: $300
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: I already have one that I purchased for this price last year and I would like another one.